Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2011 64b Creating Connectivity Issues

Options

I am running Bitdefender Total Security 2011 64b on 3 computers all hooked to a single Telstra Thompson Gateway

Comp 1 PC with Vista 64 Home premium connected via LAN cable

Comp 2 Dell Inspiron 17r running Windows 7 64 connected via wireless

Comp 3 Dell Inspiron 15r running Windows 7 64 connected via wireless

The problem is whenever I try to update BD all three computers lose internet connectivity and I have to reset the modem. Logging into the modem setup page shows that internet connectivity is still available, the computers just dont see it. As I said this only happens after I update BD on any of the 3 computers.

Comments

• Hello,

I would recommend starting troubleshooting on one PC then try to resolution on the other 2 PC.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Regards,

• Hi Mik,

The analysis was complete however I couldn't find the reason why the real time protection driver was not installed on the computer for which you sent me the logs for.

Your ticket ID is: 201010191008084.

Check your Yahoo email and provide me with the additional log files I need to find a resolution for the issue you encounter.

Also, create a supporttool log file for EACH of the PCs having issues with the BitDefender Update. Name the log files PC-1 and PC-2 so you can easier understands future results.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I installed BitDefender Total Security 2011 on Tuesday. Since then, every 15 minutes or so, my internet connection is sort of lost. I say sort of because the internet connection is still present and everything is functioning, but for whatever reason, my computer doesn't see the connection or something. How do I fix this? I've tried to change the preferences to see if that would fix the problem but it did not. I had AVG on my computer prior to BitDefender, but I removed it and I can't find any traces of it on my computer. Please help me. It's really hard taking online classes when my internet connection keeps getting lost. Thanks.

• I installed BitDefender Total Security 2011 on Tuesday. Since then, every 15 minutes or so, my internet connection is sort of lost. I say sort of because the internet connection is still present and everything is functioning, but for whatever reason, my computer doesn't see the connection or something. How do I fix this? I've tried to change the preferences to see if that would fix the problem but it did not. I had AVG on my computer prior to BitDefender, but I removed it and I can't find any traces of it on my computer. Please help me. It's really hard taking online classes when my internet connection keeps getting lost. Thanks.

I have exactly the same issue as this chap. Having recently purchased two new licences for a laptop using windows 7 & a desptop using xp, upon installing total secuirty 2011 the intermittent connection problems started. There is no issue with my isp or my router & I have since removed it off both machines & installed microsoft security essentials until this issue is resolved. Otherwise I will be demanding a full refund from bitdefender

• Hello everyone,

stacksofamber: Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Woogy: how can we start troubleshooting the issue and find a resolution if you uninstalled BitDefender ? With all the respect but I can't guess what the issue is if we don't investigate. Having removed BitDefender may even results in not being able to reproduce the issue anymore. Also note that it's highly recommended NOT to have more than a single security solution installed on your PC.

Last but not least I kindly ask you to follow the steps below and send me the generated logs:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.