Have To Turn Off Firewall To Connect To Internet Away From Home

When I'm away from home I often have to turn off the BD firewall and use the Windows one (or nothing) in order to be able to connect to the Internet...generally I assume that the non-Microsoft version of something is preferable so what is the solution here? Is it ok to use both, or do I need to keep switching back and forth each time I go somewhere?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and BD Internet Security 2010 on an hp laptop.

(The BD firewall is set to Allow Known Programs, would a possible compromise be running the Windows Firewall with the BD one set to Game Mode? I don't mind switching firewalls if that's the safest way to go, but it would be nice if I didn't have to.)

Comments

• Hi Oliver L.,

In order to fix this situation I recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. In case you are interested in, please access the link bellow, there you have all the necessary information you need in order to use it:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20941

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you!

• Hi Oliver L.,

In order to fix this situation I recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. In case you are interested in, please access the link bellow, there you have all the necessary information you need in order to use it:

Thank you!

Thanks for very much I'm in the process of upgrading right now I didn't even realize this was available. (BD should notify people in the future maybe? Just a thought)

• nikki605
    edited November 2010

By signing up and registering your BD products at MyAccount, you will receive notifications, a newsletter and more when you subscribe and provide your email address. :)

Regards,

• Hi Oliver L.,

Thank you!

Hi

When I try to upgrade I'm receive the message:

"Could not delete key \SOFTWARE\BitDefender\BitDefender Internet Security 2010\13.0.17. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Also I checked under "My Products" at "My Account" and BD IS 2010 seems to be registered already in my name.

• Hi

When I try to upgrade I'm receive the message:

"Could not delete key \SOFTWARE\BitDefender\BitDefender Internet Security 2010\13.0.17. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Also I checked under "My Products" at "My Account" and BD IS 2010 seems to be registered already in my name.

Actually I got it installed but I'm stuck at the spot where I choose which settings I want to be able to access when finalizing the installation--there are no check boxes to tick each time I click on all of them but wind up with a different combination at the page after confirming my email address.

If I can change these settings later I will go ahead and just finish the install with the options selected but I don't want to have to go through this again please let me know how to proceed thank you.

• Hi Oliver L.,

Please follow the steps from the e-mail I sent you and reply me with the necessary information I need in order to investigate the issue you have.

I am waiting for your answer.

Thank you.