Game Mode Cant Turn Off

hi all,

i have problem with game mode.it always turns on automatically.i have turn it off before but after i on my laptop,its turned on back.its really irritating. now i cant turn it off.even i rite click on the icon and choose turn off,but it still cant.plus,i can view my setting at all.there is a window for that,but nothing inside.i dont know whether this is new stupid options from BD or what.seriously it makes me hot!!!!

someone expert on this,please,please,please help me!!!

Comments

• hi all,

i have problem with game mode.it always turns on automatically.i have turn it off before but after i on my laptop,its turned on back.its really irritating. now i cant turn it off.even i rite click on the icon and choose turn off,but it still cant.plus,i can view my setting at all.there is a window for that,but nothing inside.i dont know whether this is new stupid options from BD or what.seriously it makes me hot!!!!

someone expert on this,please,please,please help me!!!

Over a week this has been posted an no reply on these boards. Why does this not shock me?

• Lionet
    edited October 2010
    Over a week this has been posted an no reply on these boards. Why does this not shock me?

Yes, why?

Did you try to help ubiganu or just complain?

I never use the game mode and I won't. So I never had this issue and I do not know how to settle it. (I consider it is not safe to lower protection on a PC, but it's strictly my idea)

Every people involved in the issue could look for a solution here

game mode automatically on

Unfortunately, in the example, the guy did not answer to the helper to give the result...

In this thread, the subject is there too(in french).

mode jeu

and again no clear solution.

Maybe a few more minutes spent on google could lead to the settlement of the issue...

But anyone involved in these issue checked these messages? (I only spent 50 sec on google to find these two messages and possible clues...)

As far as I'm concerned, I would say:

1) give as many details possible on the system (XP? Vista? Seven?) it could help.

2) Considering I do not get a straight answer to a problem, I would start a repair/remove operation to fix Bitdefender (start, Program files, Bitdefender, repair/remove...) and repair the soft. I do not know what else to do.

Regards

:)

L.

(*) your good idea is to "up" the message, truly.

• Hi ubiganu,

First I want to apologize for my delay in responding to your post. In case you still have the same issue, in order to solve it, I would recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to see if the new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screen Shot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard)

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format (BMP format is too big to send by e-mail).

Thank you. :)

• Say, I am not sure whether this is related, but I have noticed something similar going on as from yesterday evening. Might be a coincidence, though.

Yesterday I decided to install IE7 Pro v 2.5.1 (addblocker) to give me more options to block those annoying ads when browsing with IE8. Almost immediately afterwards, I noticed the BD 2010 TS icon in the system tray changing to the Game Mode icon. Now, just about every time I right-clicked the icon to turn it off, a few moments later the icon changes back into the Game Mode icon.

Now, here is something else that's quite peculiar. I have noticed each time I right-click a link on a web page in IE8 to open it up in a new tab, the icon changes into the Game Mode icon. The oddball thing is also when closing that particular Tab, the icon stays that way until I go changing it back. Can't be a coincidence, I thought.

Now, I suppose I might just solve this with HijackThis, which is what I am going to try now. You may just have installed something that has left some weird service or something like that running in the background. Maybe that could be a clue to your problem.

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

Be informed that I tested on my machine the same things you described and the issue did not reproduced. In order to see if the BitDefender Game/Laptop mode has been affected by your recently installed software, open BitDefender - > click on Settings -> switch the UI to Expert -> Game/Laptop mode. In case you have activated the option 'Enter Game Mode when application is in full screen', please disable it and check if the issue still occurs. In case it does, try to uninstall IE7Pro v 2.5.1 and check again if your BitDefender works properly. I need to let me know how your BitDefender works after you follow my recommendation, if you see added IE7 Pro v 2.5.1 in Firewall -> View Whitelist, before uninstalling IE7Pro v 2.5.1 and also please to provide me with your system configuration (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

I am waiting for your answer.

Thank you.

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

Be informed that I tested on my machine the same things you described and the issue did not reproduced. In order to see if the BitDefender Game/Laptop mode has been affected by your recently installed software, open BitDefender - > click on Settings -> switch the UI to Expert -> Game/Laptop mode. In case you have activated the option 'Enter Game Mode when application is in full screen', please disable it and check if the issue still occurs. In case it does, try to uninstall IE7Pro v 2.5.1 and check again if your BitDefender works properly. I need to let me know how your BitDefender works after you follow my recommendation, if you see added IE7 Pro v 2.5.1 in Firewall -> View Whitelist, before uninstalling IE7Pro v 2.5.1 and also please to provide me with your system configuration (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

I am waiting for your answer.

Thank you.

The checkbox next to 'Enter Game Mode when application is in full screen' was unchecked. However, I unchecked 'Enable automatic Game Mode' and the problem didn't reoccur.

However, today I got a BSOD issue with bdftdif.sys, for which I have made another post. Would you care to look at that one, please ?

Many thanx for the advice on the above mentioned issue.

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

In order to fix this situation I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

In order to fix this situation I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

Many Thanks for the reply,

I made a few screenshots of Piriforms Speccy utility and pasted those together with PaintShopPro in one single file. I am not really getting what you're saying when you mention a free upgrade to BD 2011. As far as I know, I bought 2010 at the end of 2009 and it's supposed to have a two-year license ?

• I am not really getting what you're saying when you mention a free upgrade to BD 2011. As far as I know, I bought 2010 at the end of 2009 and it's supposed to have a two-year license ?

The current BD release is 2011. Users of BD 2009 & 2010 products with a valid license can upgrade to this version for FREE. Read HERE. Be sure you read the links in that topic BEFORE upgrading to verify that your hardware platform meets the system requirements. When you enter your current license key during install, the BD system will credit the 2011 product with whatever remaining days you currently have.

You may find that your problem is resolved in this latest release. If not, post a new topic in the 2011 forum. The 2011 products are the ones being actively updated by the software developers.

Regards,

• Many thanx for the reply.

I was wondering. I suppose it won't hurt to check the PC for malware etc. before installing this update ? Normally, I tend to scan the whole system with both Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D and an online scanner such as ESET before installing any security software.

I am only asking this because prior to using BD, I had Panda Internet Security and the last version was infected from within and was rendered completely useless, even repeated installations didn't help. So I want to avoid such a thing happening again.

• You can run the BitDefender Online Scanner to check for viruses & malware.

Note also that BD products, like many other real-time security programs, is not compatible with the real-time components of Ad-Aware & Spybot S&D. I used to have those programs installed on my PCs a long time ago (even before I switched to BD) but have since uninstalled them to avoid any possible conflicts between programs.

Regards,

• You can run the BitDefender Online Scanner to check for viruses & malware.

Regards,

I am having a slight problem with what you are saying. As originally posted, the BD sys file problem causing the BSOD only occurs on my pc when I am using IE8. I have verified this by using Google Chrome consistently for the past two weeks now, without once going back to IE8, and no problems have occurred.

However, as a matter of fact, today I opened up IE8 again and after just a minute and a half I got exactly the same BSOD and stop error ! All the time I have been switching between Opera and Chrome browsers the last few weeks, this hasn't happened even once. As far as I know, online scanners usually only run normally with IE versions, something you can easily verify with any other browser. I bet sooner or later, when trying just about any online scan with IE , the system will crash again when the online scan is in progress. So I am wondering how on earth I am going to make sure the system is clean before I download and install the BD 2011 upgrade ??