Bitdefender 2010 Will Not Start Virus Scan!

2»

Comments

• @DanyDan

I have build 13.0.21.347

• Unknown
    edited May 2010

Hi everyone and sorry for the delay in replying to your posts.

paolo07: Is the issue still present ? Please provide me with more details about it. Do you receive any error message ? Please try to reproduce the steps you take until it occurs.

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your Paint program

- click on "Start-> All Programs-> Accessories -> Paint"

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Then save the file as JPG and attach it to a reply to the email.

bbal497: considering that I do need fresh logs on your computer I have sent you an email with instructions on how to generate the SupportTool log file. Attach the results and send it as a reply to my email.

nanna: please provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive along with the SupportTool file. Check your email associated with your forum account, follow the instructions and send me back the requested log file.

Thank you!

Regards,

• bbal497
    edited May 2010
    Hi everyone and sorry for the delay in replying to your posts.

paolo07: Is the issue still present ? Please provide me with more details about it. Do you receive any error message ? Please try to reproduce the steps you take until it occurs.

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your Paint program

- click on "Start-> All Programs-> Accessories -> Paint"

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Then save the file as JPG and attach it to a reply to the email.

bbal497: considering that I do need fresh logs on your computer I have sent you an email with instructions on how to generate the SupportTool log file. Attach the results and send it as a reply to my email.

nanna: please provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive along with the SupportTool file. Check your email associated with your forum account, follow the instructions and send me back the requested log file.

Regards,

hi i replied by response to the email however I was never emailed back. Just wondering if it has been received or not. Thanks

Thank you!

• Hello,

Bbal497 please provide me with the ticket ID via PM and you will have my answer in the next 24 hours.

Regards,

• I just recently bought BitDefender from a local laptop store. It was working fine and now it says I have 1 Pending Issue, "This PC has never been scanned for viruses". So I click fix and in two seconds it says "failed." what can I do to fix this? Please help! :wacko: this is driving me nuts!

• Welcome on the forum.

Give information on your system (O.S, proc, mem... etc), include them in your profile to save time for everyone.

Important:

1 and only 1 firewall

1 and only 1 antivirus

1 antispyware

If you have a laptop, I guess you have other antimalwares included. Deinstall them, ask the computer shop where you bought your laptop to do it if you don't know, especially if they sold you BD too.

Deactivate windows firewall (you have windows?) before installing BD.

You'll find many messages about theses issues on the forum.

Usually, BD begins an automatic scan before it is fully installed on a new computer. I don't understand why it never did it.

Check the possible issues put above and wait for a BD expert to help.

• Welcome on the forum.

Give information on your system (O.S, proc, mem... etc), include them in your profile to save time for everyone.

Important:

1 and only 1 firewall

1 and only 1 antivirus

1 antispyware

If you have a laptop, I guess you have other antimalwares included. Deinstall them, ask the computer shop where you bought your laptop to do it if you don't know, especially if they sold you BD too.

Deactivate windows firewall (you have windows?) before installing BD.

You'll find many messages about theses issues on the forum.

Usually, BD begins an automatic scan before it is fully installed on a new computer. I don't understand why it never did it.

Check the possible issues put above and wait for a BD expert to help.

I am pretty sure it did the scan when it was installed, and all the other antimalware is deinstalled. And what information do you need? (I am not very good with computers)

• Hi WolfieHanasuki,

In order to fix the issue you have, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

• Hi WolfieHanasuki,

In order to fix the issue you have, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

I shall send you the screenshot as soon as I can. Thank you for your attention, by the way.

• We have created you a support ticket:200910161007374 and an email with the instructions that will help you run our diagnoses tools was sent to you. Please reply back with the files that we need. thanks

• Hi WolfieHanasuki,

I received the PM with the screenshot you sent and looking over it I can say that your system is compatible with BitDefender 2011. In order to properly install it, please follow the steps from the link link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=91020

Enjoy using your BitDefender!

• Hi WolfieHanasuki,

I received the PM with the screenshot you sent and looking over it I can say that your system is compatible with BitDefender 2011. In order to properly install it, please follow the steps from the link link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=91020

Enjoy using your BitDefender!

Sorry for the late reply, but I do not understand what to click. May you guide me please? I searched but it asked me to buy again? All I want is for the antivirus I bought to work

• Hi WolfieHanasuki,

In order to solve the issue you have I recommended you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. For this, you need to follow the steps from THIS link and during the registration process please enter the license key you bought.

Let me know if you need any help.

• powie79
    edited May 2011

having the same problem just recently. using a vista home basic 32 bit OS. I have installed a bitdefender total security 2010 in my computer. just recently i have encountered the "failed to initialize the antivirus scanner". then it continues to say "please note that a scheduled on demand task was not started at the scheduled time. you can review the lis of scanning tasks by accessing settings . switch UI to expert > Antivirus > Scan. Click OK to close the Bitdefender antivirus scanner.

I have done the supporttool.exe and here is the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/98bpgy

my build is 13.0.20.347

• Pal09
    edited May 2011

hello Alex Stanciu,

I am new here.....anyways m using bitdefender 2010...and m facing the same problem too.....it says that it'll expire in 172 days.....

its not scanning...no error messages...and even when i right click on any file and say scan...it gives the error "bit defender scanner failed to launch"

help.................!!!

here is the xml download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9kowak

• Hi johnpaolo and Pal09,

In order to solve the issue you have I recommended you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. For this, you need to follow the steps from THIS link and during the registration process please enter the license key you bought.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.