Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hard Drive Filling Up On It's Own...

Options
2»

Comments

• No response from Support on my request for an ETA on the fix to this serious error with the harddisk filling up, so I've send one more mail asking for an ETA and telling them in a polite but unmistakenly way that I'm gettting pretty tired of this and am loosing my trust in the effectiveness of this software.

I am trying out Bitdefender Antivirus 2009.

I am running Build 12.0.11.4 with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3 on a Intel type PC Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.ghz with 3ghz 2gb Ram.

I noticed the post about filling up and now have a regular check for files with av32bit. Even though it does a download every hour there only seems to be 2 files at any given time. Maybe it is dependent of the operating system and its service packs? So it is not a problem effecting everyone?

I used to run McAfee Viruscan 10 (not supported it DAT files after the 28th of this month - hence my giving a trial of Bitdefender) with Zone Alarm Pro version 7.0.483.000. I cannot upgrade to Zone Alarms Security Suite as it crashes my computer - so other Software companies also have serious problems which they have not resolved.

I did a clean install of Bitdefender using the McAfee removal tool - not simply add and remove. Bitdefender currently runs with Zone Alarm Pro version 7.0.483.000. although Zone Alarm doesn't recognise Bitdefender as the main Antivirus Software program but that can happen.

The only real aspect I find a problem is the email on Bitdefender. I use Outlook Express. When you send mail Outlook Express shows the send bar - quickly rushes through to the very end and stops before completing whilst the email is sent (I send emails with photo attachments to newspapers). Now Zone Alarm doesn't show that there is traffic but I can see there is because the modem shows activity which stops when the Send Bar Disappears at completion.... that worries me. Every other internet action is shown by Zone Alarm. I have switched off the check outgoing email in Bitdefender but it still exhibits the same thing whether it's on or off.

The reason I stuck with the old Version of MacAfee is that it would use the Outlook Express send bar and complete thereafter sending the email in the background allowing you to use the email program to prepare the next email. It would also show activity on the Zone Alarm Icon in the System tray. It was helpful for speed of work because by the time the email was sent in the background another had been prepared with different enclosures.

I am still looking for something similar that will happily chug along with Zone Alarm Pro.

• PCDania
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I noticed the post about filling up and now have a regular check for files with av32bit. Even though it does a download every hour there only seems to be 2 files at any given time. Maybe it is dependent of the operating system and its service packs? So it is not a problem effecting everyone?

Luckily the problem with the harddisk getting filled up with av32bit_xxxx folders is not a problem that effect all users but I know of two users with Danish language versions of their OS having this problem (one of those two Danish guys are me). I don't know about guy who started this thread, or the other people on this forum having this problem; what language version OS they have.

• I've just received a mail from BitDefender Support, that the fix for the harddisk filling up should be released some time in March.

• I've just received a mail from BitDefender Support, that the fix for the harddisk filling up should be released some time in March.

Well mine is the English Language version of the operating system / program. It would be helpful for those with problems to say which system and language their operating system.

Mine was a clean install having got rid of previous install of McAfee. There is a cleaning up tool for Bitdefender as there is for McAfee. It might help some folk to use it if they had an earlier version of Bitdefender and then do a complete install of the new version.

Just a thought.

My trial of the program continues!

• As I wrote in a former post, the problem is acknowledge by BitDefender. I originally did a clean installation and have after suggestion from BitDefender uninstalled the program using their tools and reinstalled which didn't solved the problem. After using their bug tracking tools and sending in the results they acknowledged the bug which they, as stated in above post, will release a fix for in March.

Please note: I am not telling anyone to stop using any of the BitDefender programs, I'm simply keeping this thread alive telling how it's progressing with this bug so people know what is going on. Keeping this thread alive and when possible on the first page of threads also helps new people with the bug so they know something is done about it.

• Looks like the large update today 23th of February which required the computer to be rebooted, contained the fix for the harddisk filling up.

I'll return in a day or two and confirm if this is correct.