Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scanned Files

Options

can i turn scanned files off ? it's bogging down my computer !!!!!

Comments

• By scanned files you are referring to what feature? What do you need to turn off?

• advanced view,general, dashboard and under "statistics" it says "scanned files" is bd always scanning files ? if so i would like to stop it from scanning other than the once a day full system scan

• tsec
    edited November 2008
    Options

I have looked at the manual and it states regarding this figure on the General Tab:

Scanned files: Indicates the number of files that were checked for malware

at the time of your last scan.

To me this makes no sense, as this number is slowly increasing each minute (mine has moved from 2500 to 2600 in the last 15 minutes and it has been 6 days since my last full AV scan), even though NO scan has been activated at this time.

I believe that this is a error in the user manual and that it should read:

Indicates the number of files that were checked for malware

at the time SINCE your last scan.

. That is to say, the number of files that have been scanned utilising REAL TIME PROTECTION since a full AV scan has taken place.

If this is the case, then the only way to stop this would be to turn off real time protection. Of course, this is just nuts - you wouldnt do it.

MODS/HELPERS - please correct me if I am wrong.

• i've had more problems with bitdefender than any other antivirus software, sometimes bd just stops working and i get a message that says bd not responding

• I have looked at the manual and it states regarding this figure on the General Tab:

To me this makes no sense, as this number is slowly increasing each minute (mine has moved from 2500 to 2600 in the last 15 minutes and it has been 6 days since my last full AV scan), even though NO scan has been activated at this time.

I believe that this is a error in the user manual and that it should read:

. That is to say, the number of files that have been scanned utilising REAL TIME PROTECTION since a full AV scan has taken place.

If this is the case, then the only way to stop this would be to turn off real time protection. Of course, this is just nuts - you wouldnt do it.

MODS/HELPERS - please correct me if I am wrong.

OK - here's an update. I have just booted up my PC for the first time since making the post quoted above. The figure at the tab in general settings "Scanned files: Indicates the number of files that were checked for malware

at the time of your last scan." was 88.

This to me indicates that the figure quoted is the number of files scanned in real-time since the last system start-up. If this is correct then the manual should be altered to reflect this.

:)