Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.******.5758

Options

Need advice/help in deleting this.

Neither bitdefender or other downloads could delete it.

The D:\ info I don't understand since everything on it was deleted.

Thanks to all./applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4010" data-fileid="4010" rel="">1227123451_1_02.xml

Comments

• ert@charter.net
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Need advice/help in deleting this.

Neither bitdefender or other downloads could delete it.

The D:\ info I don't understand since everything on it was deleted.

Thanks to all./applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4010" data-fileid="4010" rel="">1227123451_1_02.xml

Through no help from BitDefender help/support personnel, I finally got rid of this Trojan.

• Through no help from BitDefender help/support personnel, I finally got rid of this Trojan.

Can you tell me how you got rid of the Trojan.******.5758. I have the same erorr in Bit Defender today.

Thanks...

-howard

• ert@charter.net
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Can you tell me how you got rid of the Trojan.******.5758. I have the same erorr in Bit Defender today.

Thanks...

-howard

Sent you an email.

ethom

• Sent you an email.

ethom

Hello Ethom,

would you be so nice and could help me too, please? I scanned my PC with Spybot S&D, some stuff was found and destroyed, but Trojan.******.5758 wasn't on the list :(... I don't even know where it comes from, I always get a warning from Bitdefender, when I try to send an e-mail with pictures, but Bitdefender itself findes nothing, when I scan the PC.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Jane

• Its strange, but when searching via google for Trojan.******.5758 just about all the results point to a section of a BitDefender forum.

This means one of two things. Either BD is the only AV at this time capable of detecting this thing, or BD has detected a phantom which doesnt really exist.

• Its strange, but when searching via google for Trojan.******.5758 just about all the results point to a section of a BitDefender forum.

This means one of two things. Either BD is the only AV at this time capable of detecting this thing, or BD has detected a phantom which doesnt really exist.

You're right... I actually don't think my PC is infected, but it's making me nervous anyway...

The thing is, I downloaded pictures from my digital camera to my pc, edited some of them with Photoshop and try to send them per email. Bitdefender alerts say, my message would contain a Trojan.******.5758. I have never heard .jpg pictures could contain a virus or do I have wrong information...? The fact is, my e-mails containing pictures are automatically replaced by a Bitdefender message, so I can't send anything actually... Of course, I could deactivate Bitdefender while sending e-mails, but why do I have an antivirus software, if I cannot use its full options?? ;(

If anyone has an idea, it would be great...

• Sent you an email.

ethom

Hi,

please tell me how you got rid of this trojan.

Best via mail to marcus.mahlo@web.de.

THX!!!!

• You're right... I actually don't think my PC is infected, but it's making me nervous anyway...

The thing is, I downloaded pictures from my digital camera to my pc, edited some of them with Photoshop and try to send them per email. Bitdefender alerts say, my message would contain a Trojan.******.5758. I have never heard .jpg pictures could contain a virus or do I have wrong information...? The fact is, my e-mails containing pictures are automatically replaced by a Bitdefender message, so I can't send anything actually... Of course, I could deactivate Bitdefender while sending e-mails, but why do I have an antivirus software, if I cannot use its full options?? ;(

If anyone has an idea, it would be great...

'Morning...

If this was happening to me, I'd almost be inclined to turn off the option for scanning out-going mail and send a .jpg to a pal. I'd then get him/her to scan it to see what the result was. Or alternatively, scan the .jpg locally by some other means.

The lack of info on this trojan (and the fact that the scant amount of info only points to discussions of this thing on BD fora) is intruiging.

Just for the record, I use TS2009 and have had no such issue.

:)

• Hello Ethom,

would you be so nice and could help me too, please? I scanned my PC with Spybot S&D, some stuff was found and destroyed, but Trojan.******.5758 wasn't on the list :(... I don't even know where it comes from, I always get a warning from Bitdefender, when I try to send an e-mail with pictures, but Bitdefender itself findes nothing, when I scan the PC.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Jane

Jane,

I ran a deep scan with bitdefender and opened the log file to determine the location of the infected file.

In my case it was the archive file for the email inbox. I then opened the file using notepad and deleted all the emails (a very long process) in the file. There must be an easier way to do this. Anyway this solved the problem.

As a side note, I sent the results of the bitdefender scan to BitDefender. After sending three additional emails inquiring about why no help/guidance was forthcoming, I gave up and did the above.

If they are listening, I am not a happy camper.

• Jane,

I ran a deep scan with bitdefender and opened the log file to determine the location of the infected file.

In my case it was the archive file for the email inbox. I then opened the file using notepad and deleted all the emails (a very long process) in the file. There must be an easier way to do this. Anyway this solved the problem.

As a side note, I sent the results of the bitdefender scan to BitDefender. After sending three additional emails inquiring about why no help/guidance was forthcoming, I gave up and did the above.

Ethom,

thank you very, very much for this information!! Well, I haven't tried a deep scan, so I should do so now... :S I'm almost sure there will be a problem with a file that has something to do with my e-mails. I have already reinstalled my photoshop for sure and the problem stayed, I only get a message while sending e-mails out, so we'll see...

Honestly? I'm not very happy with my antivirus neither at the moment, but still prefer the version on my privat PC to the one in our office.

Anyway, thank you much again!

Cheers,

Jane

• Jane,

I'm an absolute idiot, I DID do the scan before... I will try it another way and we'll see what will happen, I just really don't want to reinstall the whole system. Wish me luck. :)