Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Service Not Responding

Options
Spitfire19er
edited November 2008 in General talk

I'm currently on a family computer which I hardly ever go on and being the "computer kid" of the house, I’ve noticed an issue with our BitDefender Total Security 2009. This is the first time we've used BitDefender so I'm not really familiar with the program. This morning I happened to stumble by this computer and see that the BitDefender icon in my taskbar is gray and not red like it should be? So I clicked it and find out that the BitDefender Services is not Responding. This is a paid for program and from what I’ve hear from talking to other family members, the icon has been gray for a long time? Personally I don’t think I should be having this trouble with a paid for program.

So, could any1 here help me out?

I’m running Windows XP Home Edition, Service pack 3, do you require anymore information?

ditdefenderbl3.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• I had the exact same issue after the auto update to 12.0.11. I've struggled with tech support fluffing me of and sending emails with tools that don't work (specifically Fileinfo2008).

HOWEVER, today the application is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a couple weeks it is back up. The version is the same, but it did an update and all is well.

So, couple things you can do.

1. Reboot and wait for an update and see if this works.

2. Repair bitdefender...it's an option in your programs. However, this didn't work for me since 'repair' was greyed out and only uninstall was available. Do not use uninstall from the programs group, use the uninstall application they send the link to.

3. Get on Chat and ask for them to send you the uninstall application and complete version of the executible. For me this was for vista 64, although they were going to send me '32b'.exe which was vista 32. Watch out for this.

4. Make sure you have your license number handy, run the uninstall and reinstall from the program link they send you.

This should work as the auto update does not appear to be fully updating the program and some files are missing.