Bitdefender's auto shut downs

Rock.87
Rock.87
edited September 24 in Install and Updates

Bitdefender Total Security occasionally shuts down unexpectedly , i need to know that does this happen because of it's auto update ? and is my computer safe at that time , i mean if i am browsing at that time ll i be safe enough? or if i m using a bitdefender vpn at that specific time ll i be safe ?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 11

Hello again @Rock.87,

I think more information is required here. What is being considered a shutdown? Does the Bitdefender UI simply close by itself when open, or do you receive a notification regarding this? Does the shield color change? Was this behavior observed during an update, or what exactly is the context? If this is related to the update process, Bitdefender automatically checks for updates 5 minutes after you turn on your computer and every hour after that. If an update is found on the server, it is automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. There is a short time gap between when the Bitdefender update starts and until it is complete. You will see the 'risk' message during the first minutes after Windows starts.

Some modules are turned off for a very short time while the patch is being applied. Bitdefender has many systems that back up each other up and provide protection. By design, the developers would not make an update system that would leave customers vulnerable in any way. 🙂

If you can provide more details regarding this unexpected shutdown you have experienced and the circumstances surrounding it, we may be able to expand further and advise accordingly on this. My assumption is that this has to do with the update process, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• i do not remember the security widgets color but yea it happened during the update, but it does not happen in routine..