Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2009 - Main Console / Panel Does Not Work

Options

hi,

i'm using bitdefender total security 2009, its worked but when i double click an icon at system tray or start menu, its does not work, same thing as i right click and go for Show.

anyone can help how to open main console or panel monitor?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Fplueckthum
    edited November 2008
    Options
    hi,

i'm using bitdefender total security 2009, its worked but when i double click an icon at system tray or start menu, its does not work, same thing as i right click and go for Show.

anyone can help how to open main console or panel monitor?

thanks in advance.

Same problem here. Workaround : open the taskmanager, close the "servicecenter.exe" process. After returning to the desktop, the mainwindow of Bitdefender should open ( it does on my system ).

Regards

Frank

• Naamah
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Same problem here. Workaround : open the taskmanager, close the "servicecenter.exe" process. After returning to the desktop, the mainwindow of Bitdefender should open ( it does on my system ).

Regards

Frank

Same problem for me!

Ok, but no other official solution/patch/upgrade to this (not really small) problem?

• Same problem for me!

Ok, but no other official solution/patch/upgrade to this (not really small) problem?

In my case the process to kill is "seccenter.exe" (the "servicenter.exe" not exist).

And then the panel is not showed again.

For me the workaround is to call the file "bdwizreg.exe" select "Base View" instead of "Advanced view" click on "Cancel" and then double click on the BitDfender agent icon.

The panel should re-appear, but only in "Base View"... the "Advance View" for me is imposbbile!

• Fplueckthum
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In my case the process to kill is "seccenter.exe" (the "servicenter.exe" not exist).

And then the panel is not showed again.

Of course, you're right. The process tokill is "seccenter.exe".

But in the meantime, I am really thinking about a change to [removed]. Reading the forum here,and the german forum, there are many many users faced with massive problems when trying to use BD IS 2009. And not only few have already rolled back to the 2008 version. But this way is not available for me, because of Vista 64. So I think, I will change the software in the next few days.

• sharpy
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Of course, you're right. The process tokill is "seccenter.exe".

But in the meantime, I am really thinking about a change to [removed]. Reading the forum here,and the german forum, there are many many users faced with massive problems when trying to use BD IS 2009. And not only few have already rolled back to the 2008 version. But this way is not available for me, because of Vista 64. So I think, I will change the software in the next few days.

I just removed [removed], after repeated BSOD's, that required a restore from external drive several times (XP restore didn't fix it and even turning off the autorun at startup in Safe Mode would only get it to work once each time. I had been running version 7 without issue, and removed it before adding the new software. I gave up with [removed]