Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Email For Tech Support Does Not Bother To Reply; Lousy To Say The Least

Options

It's been 2 weeks now since I upgraded to BD total security 2009 and got problems with my thunderbird and firefox. my thunderbird would not open. my firefox would not close. my 2nd pc with newly reinstalled XP SP3 crashed and would not open after malware scan. This is understandable. But here's the WORST EVER THING: I've been emailing BD tech support for 7 times ever since and I've got no answer at all not even acknowledgment that they received my emails. i have nothing to go to but this forum. what a lousy, very lousy support!!!!

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited November 2008
    Options

Hello bitbet,

How did you contact support? Did you used live chat or did you used the online support form that you can fill in when you log into your online account. That are the only ways to receive a ticket-id. If you have send an e-mail to support@bitdefender.com that might got unanswered because only ticket-id have a priority. I will see if I can solve your issue.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello bitbet,

How did you contact support? Did you used live chat or did you used the online support form that you can fill in when you log into your online account. That are the only ways to receive a ticket-id. If you have send an e-mail to support@bitdefender.com that might got unanswered because only ticket-id have a priority. I will see if I can solve your issue.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted bitdefender both-live chat and email by logging into my account. live chat advised me to email since no live support was available. i contacted seven times. till now, the third week since i installed bd2009, i haven't received any reply.

anyway, here are my problems: i have a pc (newly reinstalled windows xp sp3) and a laptop (vista home basics sp1). after installing bd2009 to my laptop, which i did for 3 times because of some issues, i could not open my thunderbird. it was blocked by a bitdefender pop-up message instructing to select one message. the message was persistent that i was not able to open thunderbird after several attempts (please see attachment). now, thunderbird would not run except in safe mode. firefox would not close properly. after exiting, firefox would not close because windows closes it to prevent data execution. despite previously set schedule for quick system scan which is set to scan once a week, most of the time i log in to my laptop, quick scan runs.

for my pc which has a newly reinstalled xp sp3, bd2009 ran ok until last week when it prompted that it needs fixing by running a malware scan. i ran the scan but the pc reboot. after rebooting, i could no longer log in to all users account including the admin. because the passwords all expired. i changed the passwords but was prevented. i could not run my pc anymore.

any help will be very much appreciated.

regards,

bitbet

post-19493-1227567941_thumb.jpg

• Hi Niels,

as additional info, before bd ts 2009, i have been using bd ts 2008 for both computers. I have not encountered any problem with bd ts2008. another thing i observed with my laptop after installing bd 2009, it slowed down in running programs. google chrome opens 2 mins after clicking it to open. Hope you can help.

Thanks,

bitbet

Hi Niels,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted bitdefender both-live chat and email by logging into my account. live chat advised me to email since no live support was available. i contacted seven times. till now, the third week since i installed bd2009, i haven't received any reply.

anyway, here are my problems: i have a pc (newly reinstalled windows xp sp3) and a laptop (vista home basics sp1). after installing bd2009 to my laptop, which i did for 3 times because of some issues, i could not open my thunderbird. it was blocked by a bitdefender pop-up message instructing to select one message. the message was persistent that i was not able to open thunderbird after several attempts (please see attachment). now, thunderbird would not run except in safe mode. firefox would not close properly. after exiting, firefox would not close because windows closes it to prevent data execution. despite previously set schedule for quick system scan which is set to scan once a week, most of the tis me i log in to my laptop, quick scan runs.

for my pc which has a newly reinstalled xp sp3, bd2009 ran ok until last week when it prompted that it needs fixing by running a malware scan. i ran the scan but the pc reboot. after rebooting, i could no longer log in to all users account including the admin. because the passwords all expired. i changed the passwords but was prevented. i could not run my pc anymore.

any help will be very much appreciated.

regards,

bitbet

post-19493-1227567941_thumb.jpg

• Hi Niels,

as additional info, before bd ts 2009, i have been using bd ts 2008 for both computers. I have not encountered any problem with bd ts2008. another thing i observed with my laptop after installing bd 2009, it slowed down in running programs. google chrome opens 2 mins after clicking it to open. Hope you can help.

Thanks,

bitbet

Hi Bitbet, Your issues with technical support are certainly NOT unusual, based on my personal experience with them. I have tried 4 different times to contact them through their 'email' support page, receiving only a 'Thanks for contacting BitDefender Support' robo email, and no ticket number, no email address to contact them and no discussion, comment or solution to my problem.

I am now sending this on a borrowed laptop, my desktop computer having been rendered useless by what I assume to be a virus not found by BitDefender AV 2009. I presume that I either have to buy a new hard disk drive, or bring my computer into a data recovery and clean up service.

Good luck with your issues. I'm giving up on BitDefender altogether.