Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Won't Activate

Options

Probably silly question but loaded 2009 internet Security, having removed Kaspersky and rebooted before loading BD and having done a scan, Bitdefender said the firewall was not running, and like Bob the Builder, it could fix it. Oh yes, says I, so I click on Fix It, and it moves to another screen with a lovely Fix It button. However, hitting this does nothing. On turning on other options, their "Fix It" buttons (in the same window as the firewall one) work just fine, so it isn't a mouse issue.

I was not running any other Firewall but have put XP Firewall on in the meantime, but any suggestions welcome as to how to get the firewall running

Thanks in eager anticipation

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello sharpy,

Did you used the Kaspersky removal tool? I don't mean the default uninstall tool. If not please check this topic.

I advise that you do this:

Press the windows button together with r now type : devmgmt.msc press enter. After that go the display/view menu and select the option show/display hidden devices. Now expand network adaptors. Normally you should see the following entries:

BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport double click on that entry and see if it's enabled.

You should also find that entry by your network card. It should also be enabled.

If that still fails please follow the instructions that are given here.

After that do this press the windows button together with r now type : services.msc press enter. Right click on the Terminal Services choose properties by startup type type select automatic press on apply and ok. Reboot your pc.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Niels,

BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport is not shown in the list

• Turn on your PC with Safe mode with Networking.

Go to Local Area Connection Properties.

Then click Install.

Select Service and hit Add.

Select Bitdefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver. Then install it.

If there is already install the Bitdefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver, uninstall it and reinstall it.

Restart Your PC Now..

post-19565-1228218954_thumb.jpg