Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is There A Way To Delete Firewall Rules

Options

I have created several firewall rules,

And I was wondering is there a way to delete the rules at once say 5 at a time or do you have to delete them 1 after another ?

Comments

• I've been wondering about something similar too...

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=9892

:)

• I have created several firewall rules,

And I was wondering is there a way to delete the rules at once say 5 at a time or do you have to delete them 1 after another ?

That depends on which Programs list you are referring to: if you remove the greyed out program from the Main Menu Program list, the firewall rules are not deleted, but if you remove the greyed out program from the Firewall Program list (Firewall Program access tab), the related firewall rules are deleted also (after a confirmation window).

• Niels
    Niels
    edited November 2008
    Options

Hello kungfu,

When you are in BitDefender Security Center and go to firewall you can only remove 1 rule at once.

Click on start,my computer,double click on the icon of your hard disk or partion where you have installed BitDefender on. Now open Program Files,BitDefender,BitDefender 2009,Firewall,rules.xml double click on it to open it in your browser that is how you can delete multiple rules. You need to save the changes by going to file,save in your browser. It could be that you can't edit that is because BitDefender selfprotection. To solve that reboot your pc into safe mode. To do that just reboot your pc but keep pressing on the F8 button before the splash screen select safe mode press enter to select. Log in with your account and try now to do the changes.

Hello tsec,

I have answered in your other topic.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Ty Niels for the reply ,

I,ll do it 1 by 1 ,your other suggestion too complicated and risky

• Niels
    Options

Hello kungfu,

It isn't risky what I told because the only thing that you edit is a file that the firewall reads. You don't change anything to the drivers or parts that are necessary to let the firewall run.

Kind regards,

Niels

• When I look into my Firewall access rules then there are a lot of entries for programs which do not exists any more.

How can I delete them all-at-once automatically (not manually step-by-step)?

• Niels,

Maybe you can inform,I still have problems with adding friends /spammers ,I click add spammer or friend get the pop up Bd has added it to your friend/spammer list but when I look at the spammer/friend list it is empty ?

A link/help would be nice.

Repairs uninstall reinstall have done many times as you know,

Ty