Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Shutting Down!

Options

Hi all

After updating Bitdefender I.S the icon color change to gray?!! and shutting down?

please help me.

post-18250-1227721435_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Have you tried to restart your PC and see if the services are up&running again.

• thank you

I tried but it's still shutting down, and i can't do full system scan or deep scan!!

I don't know how can i resolve it :unsure:

• thank you

I tried but it's still shutting down, and i can't do full system scan or deep scan!!

I don't know how can i resolve it :unsure:

I've had the same problem on two separate computers, one running XP Home and the other brand new and running XP Pro. Couldn't fix the old computer so uninstalled BD and am now using another product.

Installed BD 2008 internet security on new computer which came with AVG, which I uninstalled prior to installing BD. Ran okay for a few hours and then froze. Solved the problem by using install disk for BD and choosing the "Repair" option.

Two other computers in household running BD are having no problems, but they do not use CCleaner or WinUtilities to clean up their system and I do on both the machines that are having problems with BD. The other two only use TuneUp Utilities. I suspect the problem is caused by either CCleaner or WinUtilities after using them to clean your system.

My frozen BD has always occured after using CCleaner or WinUtilites, but I don't discover I'm unprotected for quite a while as there is no notification until after a reboot when Windows notifies that BitDefender is not working. With this delay it is difficult the definitely say that CCleaner is the culprit that causes the problem. Looks like it is though.