Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Internet Security 2008 Scan Not Working Right

Options

When I do a Deep Scan there are nearly 400,000 files scanned. Now all of a sudden I noticed tonight it was only scanning around 170,000 files and the window pops up that says it's done.

Can anyone offer any clues as to what's happening?

Comments

• This is because BD doesn't scan the files that weren't modified since the last scan. BD creates a checksum for the files and just rechecks that to see if the file needs scanning or not.

This was done to speed-up the future scans and there is no way that some malware can escape if this technique is used. The checksum will be different for any bit changed in the file.

• This is because BD doesn't scan the files that weren't modified since the last scan. BD creates a checksum for the files and just rechecks that to see if the file needs scanning or not.

This was done to speed-up the future scans and there is no way that some malware can escape if this technique is used. The checksum will be different for any bit changed in the file.

This would make sense to me if there has been some recent update that changed the way the program operates. Is that the case? Because actually, in the past couple of days there would more files modified than usual because I've I've uninstalled and re-installed several programs, including BitDefender. I've also just uninstalled several programs, but surely that wouldn't account for such a big difference in files scanned, would it? The programs I uninstalled completely were Atomic Cleaner, Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes.

• This feature is available within the first kit of BD 2009, so I don't think there are any other changes about the scan.

What about running another scan?

Does the no. of files remains the same?

Is this occurring only on deep scanning?

• This feature is available within the first kit of BD 2009, so I don't think there are any other changes about the scan.

What about running another scan?

Does the no. of files remains the same?

Is this occurring only on deep scanning?

• I always do the Deep Scan. Tonight when I scanned there were over 200,000 files scanned.

But could you comment on another problem. My desktop loads real fast. But BitDefender seems to load real slow and I can't do anything until it is finished loading. It didn't always do this. Do you know what could be causing it?