Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[open]i Can't Open Bitdefender Form Taskbar

Options
bd_security
edited November 2008 in General talk

hi,

I jaust install bitdefender total security 2009

but I can't open it now from taskbar or from Start.

anybody can help me?

Comments

• djjonesfulwood
    edited November 2008
    Options
    hi,

anybody can help me?

I am using Vista Business. I bought Bitdefender Total Security 2009 only yesterday (28.11.08), installed and no problems until I accepted the upgrade to the latest version. Now the control panel cannot be raised. Clicking on the tray icon achieved nothing until i read the message about closing "seccentre.exe" from task manager and then click on tray icon. Did this and the control panel is back - no doubt until I reboot!!

What is the long term fix?

• That fix worked for me (short-term also). I'm also wondering what the long-term fix for this bug is.

• That fix worked for me (short-term also). I'm also wondering what the long-term fix for this bug is.

I'm having the same problem. I'm on Vista and i just downloaded Internet Security 09... had to kill the secenter.exe for the main gui to open up. This is a serious bug, BD, you guys need to fix this. Any plans on when it'll get fixed?

• I'm having the same problem. After updating BD 2008 to BD 2009, I could not launch the BD control panel from either the task bar or from the program list. Killing seccentre.exe enabled me to lauch the control panel, but I don't know what seccentre is supposed to do. Killing it cannot be the long term solution. I'm running vista.

• I'm in the same boat. I also have issues where it won;t run a contextual scan of a folder that I click on.

• Niels
    Options

Hello,

Any reply from a BitDefender representative you shouldn't expect because this is only a user forum. It might be that somebody from BitDefender may respond but the chance is rare.

First remove the previous versions of .NET Framework with the tool mentioned here. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version

Are you using a 64 bit version of windows vista?

Kind regards,

Niels

• I'll try the fix. Yes, I'm running 64 bit vista.

• hi,

anybody can help me?

Encounter same problem yesterday, I'm using BDIS2009 on Window Vista 32bit Home premium. Tried shutdown and reboot many times but still the same (it was working fine a few days back).

Strangely today everything was working fine, tried shutdown and reboot a few times to test if problem still exists but each time I'm able to start BDIS2009 from taskbar. It appears the problem rectified by itself, very puzzling indeed................... :blink: