Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Logs

Options

BitDefender Internet Security 2008 / Vista Home Premium

I think I've posted here before about this business of not getting logs and never got an answer, but I'm still hoping someone out there can and will help. I did some testing on this and I find the results very strange.

I always do a Deep Scan, and I scan nearly every time I run my computer. When I click to view the logs all of my scans are shown, but when I click on an individual scan and click to Show, the only thing that happens is that Windows Explorer opens. After a scan is finished with the results window there is an option to view the scan log. When I click on it the same thing -- Windows Explorer opens.

I went into my C drive, right clicked on the Program Data folder and selected from the menu to scan with BitDefender. When the scan was finished the window opened with the results and then I clicked on the option to view the log and my browser opened right up with the scan log. I followed this same procedure with the Program Files folder, the Users folder, the Windows folder and each time I was able to view the log. If I select to scan Documents, again I can view the log.

Why can I view a log in the circumstances above, but I can not view a log of my Deep Scans?

Also, when I go into my C drive and check the places where the scan logs should be, the folders are there but they are empty.

PLEASE, can anyone direct me as to what might be causing this?

Comments

• Can you please check this location for a full event list?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Events

and see if the events are there.

Also there is a folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs

and it contains "deep_scan", "full-scan", "quick_scan" and "startup_scan" folders with the corespondent logs. If you can't find any please report back.

• Nikilet
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Can you please check this location for a full event list?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Events

and see if the events are there.

Also there is a folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs

and it contains "deep_scan", "full-scan", "quick_scan" and "startup_scan" folders with the corespondent logs. If you can't find any please report back.

I have selected to "Show hidden files and folders."

There is no such path (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Events[/code]) in my computer. The second path does not exist either because Documents and Settings does not exist.

I can go to Users/My Name/AppData/Roaming/BitDefender/Desktop/Profiles/Logs. In that folder are Contextual, my-documents and user_0001. The Contextual folder does have logs of the contextual scans I've done and I can view them. The other 2 folders are empty.

Following this same path there is also another folder: BitDefender(380)/Desktop/Profiles/Logs. In that folder are contextual and my-documents. They are both empty.

Or, I can use the path Program Data/BitDefender/Desktop/Profiles/Logs. In that folder are deep_scan, full_scan and quick_scan. All three folders are empty. Following this same path is another folder: BitDefender(351)/Desktop/Profiles/Logs. Again there are the 3 folders deep_scan, full_scan and quick_scan and all 3 are empty.

Keeping in mind that I have selected to "Show hidden files and folders," I am attaching a screen shot of what is available when I click on my C drive. If I am supposed to have a folder labeled Documents and Settings in this Vista Home Premium OS, either I do not have it or I don't know how to access it.

I just googled having no Documents and Settings and found this link which gives a detailed explanation: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-security/538...ermissions.html

That being said, I still don't know what to do.

post-17054-1228331092_thumb.jpg

• Sorry, this is my fault I should have seen what OS were you using. :ph34r: So now that we figured that out, try this path:

C:\Users\All Users\BitDefender\Desktop\

• Nikilet
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Sorry, this is my fault I should have seen what OS were you using. :ph34r: So now that we figured that out, try this path:

C:\Users\All Users\BitDefender\Desktop\

Please see my previous answer. I can follow this path and here is a Contextual folder with logs that I can view. Or I can go to C/Program Data/BitDefender/Desktop/Profiles/Logs. In that folder are deep_scan, full_scan and quick_scan. All three folders are empty.

Am I supposed to have two BitDefender folders as I described in my previous answer? I see that I can go to Program Files and in there I also have two BitDefender folders within the main BitDefender folder. One is just labeled BitDefender 2008 and the other is BitDefender 2008(7). They both have pretty much the same files in them, altho there are some differences.

I'm wondering if somehow I have a double installation here. Why does it take so long for the scan activity graph to load after startup? The BD icon shows in the task bar right away, but it takes another minute or more for that graph to load and I can't do anything until it does. It never used to do this.

• when you install the 2009 software, it usually detects the 2008 product and warns you about it and does not let you install the 2009. But in this case, just go to Programs and Features in Control Panel and check there how many Bitdefender installations you have.

• Nikilet
    edited December 2008
    Options

In my Uninstall Programs section I have two entries: BitDefender Definitions Update and BitDefender Internet Security 2008.

When I previously tried the 2009 version, I used BitDefender's uninstall tool to uninstall the 2008 version first, and I did the same thing when I uninstalled the 2009 and went back to the 2008.