Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Use Bitdefender; Can't Activate Account; Can't Log Support Call

Options
Socrates
edited December 2008 in General talk

Purchased Bitdefender and have been using it successfully for a while. However I've recently started to be prompted to create an account - ignored the very annoying message initially, however seems I'm unable to get updates now.

Tried to register an online account (why do I have to do this anyway?), but did not receive the email to activate my account. Have requested 10X for it to be resent, but nothing in my inbox. Spam folder is empty. Test email to my account works. No problems at all with my email (e.g. registering for this forum)

Tried to log a support call, but guess what - you can't log a support call if you don't have an account. Catch 22. Have tried every possible support email address I can think of to no avail.

How do I get BitDefender to fix this problem when they won't even talk to me? Right now, I'm so frustrated I think I just want my money back, but I can't even ask that question.

Comments

• Purchased Bitdefender and have been using it successfully for a while. However I've recently started to be prompted to create an account - ignored the very annoying message initially, however seems I'm unable to get updates now.

Tried to register an online account (why do I have to do this anyway?), but did not receive the email to activate my account. Have requested 10X for it to be resent, but nothing in my inbox. Spam folder is empty. Test email to my account works. No problems at all with my email (e.g. registering for this forum)

Tried to log a support call, but guess what - you can't log a support call if you don't have an account. Catch 22. Have tried every possible support email address I can think of to no avail.

How do I get BitDefender to fix this problem when they won't even talk to me? Right now, I'm so frustrated I think I just want my money back, but I can't even ask that question.

I have the same problem with activating Bitdefender from this computer (get message that it cannot connect to server). This computer is the third that is connected on my home network, did not have problem with other two except one now cannot print anything.

• for what2do: in this case you need to contact BD support, as there is an issue regarding the account registration on computers which use a proxy or just on 'special'computers :P

as for the printer issue, follow the steps in this post and that should do the trick :ph34r:

for Socrates: try to contact them by Live Assistance and just ask them to activate your account manually :blink: