Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2009 Problem

Options

I had BitDefender Antivirus 2008. I purchased BitDefender Total Security 2009.

Upon installing it, I was told there was a new version and downloaded it to install.

BD-TS 2009 was supposed to uninstall the prior version of BD-AV 2008.

I had to uninstall BD-AV 2008 myself.

BD-TS 2009 installed, but would not update and all of the update page was in accessible.

BD-TS 2009 caused a problem with Microsoft Windows XP [Windows Update] Express Update that keep trying to install and re-install "MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)". I found the fix for that.

Unable to update the BD-TS 2009 software or definitions...anything, I uninstalled BitDefender Total Security 2009. Using BitDefennder's uninstall and removing all leftovers with CCleaner and Regcleaner and manually removing everything from the computer and registry manually searching for anything "softwin" or "bitdefender"

I re-installed BitDefender Antivirus 2008 which updated itself to BistDefender 2009 during installation. BD-AV 2009 works and updates like normal. I'm using MS-Windows firewall again. I now only have BitDefender Antivirus 2009 with 28 days left on the license.

BitDefender shows in my account that I as also have two-years left on my BD-TS 2009 that is not installed.

Question: How do I install (re-upgrade?) BitDefender Total Security 2009 over the BitDefender AV 2009?

1.) I put in the disk to install and it recognizes a newer version. Say yes?

2.) Says I need to uninstall BD-AV 2009. Say yes?

Will doing that take me back to square one with an non-working BitDefender Total Security 2009?

Did I do something wrong in the original installation:

By not turning off Windows firewall?

By not turning off Windows Express update?

By not uninstalling BitDefender AV 2008 with some special uninstaller?

Computer: AMD Athalon 64 3200 2.0 GHz

RAM: 2GB

Comments

• I had BitDefender Antivirus 2008. I purchased BitDefender Total Security 2009.

Upon installing it, I was told there was a new version and downloaded it to install.

BD-TS 2009 was supposed to uninstall the prior version of BD-AV 2008.

I had to uninstall BD-AV 2008 myself.

BD-TS 2009 installed, but would not update and all of the update page was in accessible.

BD-TS 2009 caused a problem with Microsoft Windows XP [Windows Update] Express Update that keep trying to install and re-install "MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)". I found the fix for that.

Unable to update the BD-TS 2009 software or definitions...anything, I uninstalled BitDefender Total Security 2009. Using BitDefennder's uninstall and removing all leftovers with CCleaner and Regcleaner and manually removing everything from the computer and registry manually searching for anything "softwin" or "bitdefender"

I re-installed BitDefender Antivirus 2008 which updated itself to BistDefender 2009 during installation. BD-AV 2009 works and updates like normal. I'm using MS-Windows firewall again. I now only have BitDefender Antivirus 2009 with 28 days left on the license.

BitDefender shows in my account that I as also have two-years left on my BD-TS 2009 that is not installed.

Question: How do I install (re-upgrade?) BitDefender Total Security 2009 over the BitDefender AV 2009?

1.) I put in the disk to install and it recognizes a newer version. Say yes?

2.) Says I need to uninstall BD-AV 2009. Say yes?

Will doing that take me back to square one with an non-working BitDefender Total Security 2009?

Did I do something wrong in the original installation:

By not turning off Windows firewall?

By not turning off Windows Express update?

By not uninstalling BitDefender AV 2008 with some special uninstaller?

Computer: AMD Athalon 64 3200 2.0 GHz

RAM: 2GB

Found my own soultion as thhere has been zero reply from BitDefender Tech Support.

1.) I uninstalled BitDefender from my computer. Used CCleaner and Regcleaner to remove everything.

2.) Uninstalled Microsoft Windows Defender.

3.) Disabled MS Firewall

4.) Disabled MS Windows Automatic Update.

5.) Re-installed BitDefender Total Security 22009 from the CD.

6.) Let the program run all it's updates.

7.) Re-activated MS Windows Automatic Updater.

So far, the software is working fine...Except, I seem to be having problems with my Google Gmail. I don't know if it's BitDefender causing the problem or not. How could I tell?

• is this the same problem with Gmail?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=10592