Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Getfile.dat & X_dtrace_log

Options

Hi,

I have a problem with my BitDefender. I have the release 8. On my desktop appers two files:getfile.dat and "x_dtrace_log". I believe that those files are updates from Bitdefender... but...¿why do they appear on my desktop?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello ermagodeoz

Dat files could also be created by other software. But when it appears when you are updating than it could be BitDefender related. Normally they will not be placed on your desktop.

First of all version 8.0 is old. If you have valid lincence than you can upgrade for free to version 10. That isn't normal behaviour you receive. Put in the installationcd-rom or doubleclick on the installer and choose repair.

Regards

Niels

• Hello ermagodeoz

Dat files could also be created by other software. But when it appears when you are updating than it could be BitDefender related. Normally they will not be placed on your desktop.

First of all version 8.0 is old. If you have valid lincence than you can upgrade for free to version 10. That isn't normal behaviour you receive. Put in the installationcd-rom or doubleclick on the installer and choose repair.

Regards

Niels

Thanks Niels

I use this version (the 8 free edition) because I work as a teacher in a educational center. I can't install another release. I'm not the administrador of the system :-(.

It's strange.. but.. the file "x_dtrace_log" is a text file. This is part of the content of the file.

[level=0001; line=01F2; file=\Documents and Settings\rcorlateanu\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\sw_clive\src\getfile.c] LIBGF: gf_dtrace() <=======

[level=0001; line=0200; file=\Documents and Settings\rcorlateanu\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\sw_clive\src\getfile.c] LIBGF: gf_init() =======>

[level=0001; line=0210; file=\Documents and Settings\rcorlateanu\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\sw_clive\src\getfile.c] LIBGF: setsig (00B78CA8)

[level=0001; line=0212; file=\Documents and Settings\rcorlateanu\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\sw_clive\src\getfile.c] LIBGF: setsig (00B78CA8) == 15918612

I'm looking for "rcorlateanu" in Internet. All the references are about BitDefender

• Niels
    Options

Hello ermagodeoz

So far as I can see that rcorlateanu is just the name of the useraccount where you logged into windows. It has something to do with Visual Studio. When there is sometimes a problem with a program than a program can create a logfile so in the case of x_dtrace_log is related to Visual Studio. BitDefender don't store anything in the folder where the logfile is referring to.

Regards

Niels

• Hello ermagodeoz

So far as I can see that rcorlateanu is just the name of the useraccount where you logged into windows. It has something to do with Visual Studio. When there is sometimes a problem with a program than a program can create a logfile so in the case of x_dtrace_log is related to Visual Studio. BitDefender don't store anything in the folder where the logfile is referring to.

Regards

Niels

Ok Niels. Thanks for all. I can't do nothing because it's an educational center. It's not possible to "touch" the computers.

• Niels
    Options

Hello ermagodeoz

You can't solve the problem without having the rights to change settings. Glad that I could assist you. You can always ask your system administrator if that person can help you.

Regards

Niels

• Dino
    Options
    Hello ermagodeoz

Regards

Niels

Sorry to contradict you Niels, I've just installed BitDefender 8 free, on the first update I've found on my desktop the same files as ermagodeoz, the log file content is exactly the same as ermagodeoz, and it sounds very strange that my useraccount is rcorlateanu too, isn't it? Furthermore, now I remember the reason for one year ago or more I have uninstalled Bit Defender, just for this annoying problem. I realize that this bug is still alive and nobody did anything to eliminate it. It isn't fair hiding the truth instead of facing it!

That's why I'm going to uninstall the prog again.

• Niels
    Options

Hello otombu

I don't work for BitDefender. I am only a volunteer.

When I had BitDefender 8.0 installed I didn't received any of this behaviour. But it was the trail and afterwards the paid version. You can contact them if you want : http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Live-Assistance.html So that is the reason why I said that it wasn't BitDefender related. But now when you say that you have the same problem than it could be only related to the free edition.

Regards

Niels