VPN and security solution now integrated into Client.
New Client: 2.0.184
My Bitdefender has been updated to Version 28, Client version points to 2.0.184 and the Security tab points to Version 28.
Initial impression
Possible Bugs
1.Password protection does not seem to apply to Product update any longer.
2. Activity Tab no longer shows update logs
Confirm point 2, same problem here.
@Dikyashi and @fax
How many processes does the new app use, and how much RAM, is it better, more efficient than the previous version? My laptop only has 8GB of RAM, so I'm just curious (I'm still on the previous version).
TIA š
Bug Report 2
3. Animation lag observed while viewing activity log(144hz screen)
4. Not able to add files to exclusion when password is enabled. entering password on file exclusion does nothing
This is for Bitdefender Total security. I have not measured the previous version, but with different CPU, memory configuration, the process resource utilization should theoretically be different due to OS resource optimizations (I might be wrong though). My system has 16GB memory with a 12th gen i5 processor I have observed a few bugs that might make the animation laggy or choppy. List of observed Bugs listed above.
Thank you very much for the detailed reply and image @Dikyashi, it is greatly appreciated š
@Alexandru_BD Why are there so many processes in RAM āeven more than beforeāin the new version? Where is the antivirus optimization?
I believe the new centralised control centre(Unified control centre)now host all the services for different version of Bitdefender, the unified control center now has VPN incorporated in it, which was before a standalone app.
I believe this was done so user donāt have to download a new version everytime when they want to upgrade, by just installing a license for a particular version, the particular feature for that version will be activated without a need to redownload.
Total security now even has more feature like account compromise monitoring for data leaks, on the downside new features and unified control centre will consume a bit of memory and process. Also, as mentioned earlier, the process and resource allocation could be different depending on system configuration.
Also as of right now, the new version is buggy and might take a toll on performance and security and I donāt suggest a forced update
Hi, could someone got new version please help me test something with the new Bitdefender interface? I'm interested in whether the new UI has improved accessibility for blind and screen reader users. You don't need any special software or accessibility experience to test this. 1.Press Ctrl + Windows + Enter to start Windows Narrator. 2.Open Bitdefender. 3.Try navigating around the app using only Tab, Shift+Tab, arrow keys, Enter and Space, without using the mouse. 4.Please check whether Narrator actually tells you what each control does. For example, does it announce things such as Home, Services, Devices, Activity, Quick Scan, System Scan, buttons, settings and their current states? 5.If possible, try starting a Quick Scan and see whether you can understand the scan status/result using Narrator and the keyboard alone. I'm especially interested in whether you encounter controls where Narrator only says something generic like ābuttonā, says nothing useful, or where something visible on screen cannot be reached with the keyboard. You don't need to test everything. Even just trying the Home and Services pages for a few minutes would be very helpful. Thank you!
there are too many processes in ram
I agree. Even with the previous version there were quite a few. Mainly they were for sharing, spreading the load, an backup processes for securities sake.
The added processes probably have to due with being able to do more within the app itself, especially monitoring and using remote controls over other users, family installs.
The engineers may have also thought that the majority of Windows devices these days have more RAM and CPU power where it won't make a difference? Either way, I'm not real excited about it as well. It's probably not going to happen on my 8GB RAM Surface 5 laptop.
I'm sure @Alexandru_BD will have more insights and can clarify or correct what I posted that may be right or wrong, as it's all new to me, too :)
You can properly navigate it, it announces things like Home, scan, services, devices etc, but does not deep dive into setting. For example , I went to main setting for profile, but it did not narrate the sub setting like work profile, game profile, public domain profile etc. Same is observed for other setting.
Thanks a lot for testing this! That's very helpful. Current status is better than 27 version, still need more improvement.
One more thing I'm particularly interested in: if you start a scan, can Narrator read the scan progress and results, such as scanned items, elapsed time and detected threats?
Scott Aerators said: Having a clear release page with version details and changelogs makes software updates much easier to understand. It would be helpful if users could quickly see what changed, what was fixed, and where to find the official release information.