Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pancolp.com Pop-ups

Options

Somehow I have picked up a pop-up malware. After bing in IE, suddenly another window opens that initally shows the web site being pancolp.com, and then it is redirected to some other site. very annoying. I have tried running a scan (I have BitDefender total security 2009) but it still occurs. I have tried to start in safe mode, but it appears BDTS won't run in that mode. Any other suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Just had the exact same problem and solved it today with this.

http://www.superantispyware.com/ Works best at finding and removing the malware when scan is run in SAFE MODE AFTER INSTALLING.

Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free from the link above.

* Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.

* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.

* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the

definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

* Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.

* Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under

Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.

* Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner

Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):

o Close browsers before scanning.

o Scan for tracking cookies.

o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

* Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

* Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.

* On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.

* On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".

* After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".

* Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".

* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.

* If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

* To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.

o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.

o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.

o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.

o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

* Click Close to exit the program.

Credit for this fix should go to buddy215. He posted this fix, I just used it and it worked.