Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[open]bitdefender Total Security 2009 Stop Updates From Microsoft Need Help

Options

Hello,

Today there where the updates from microsoft. Bitdefender has stop this updates because he think that is a virus so i can not update. Therefore i must turn off the antivirus and then make the update. Have someone have a solution for the problem or the same problem?

my system is vista 64 bits

Comments

• Hi Novan,

For now we haven't had any other users reporting this issue, but we will forward your comment to our tech team just in case. :)

• Also i have a dutch version of total security 2009.

• Hi Novan,

For now we haven't had any other users reporting this issue, but we will forward your comment to our tech team just in case.

LIAR!!!!

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry46565

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...;windows+update

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=10705

quite some few people are complaining about it already!

• Hi Novan,

For now we haven't had any other users reporting this issue, but we will forward your comment to our tech team just in case. :)

Well, now you have a new user logging the same problem :-(

Find the reference of the problem including bitmaps showing the issue here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=10455

• I am encountering the same thing as well. Whenever I go to install updates, the updates will fail. But if I disable the real time scanning, the updates install successfully. Operating system windows Xp 64 bit and using "internet security 2009."

• mvleus, perhaps you did not observe that I am quite new on this forum, and could not possibly know all the posts and issues associated with BitDefender. I advise you to express your accusations in a civilized way, as this forum does not tolerate free insults, neither am I personally developing the BitDefender products.

• mvleus, perhaps you did not observe that I am quite new on this forum, and could not possibly know all the posts and issues associated with BitDefender. I advise you to express your accusations in a civilized way, as this forum does not tolerate free insults, neither am I personally developing the BitDefender products.

Oh no sorry, I did not mean to insult you personally! perhaps I should have picked my words more carefully! or at least placed a ;) behind my "LIAR!!!!"

I am sorry if you felt offended! my apologies

• Oh no sorry, I did not mean to insult you personally! perhaps I should have picked my words more carefully! or at least placed a ;) behind my "LIAR!!!!"

I am sorry if you felt offended! my apologies

It's ok, just think that we should keep a civilized tone overall. As I promised I forwarded the issue to our tech team. I wish I could give you guys an ETA for when this will be fixed, but I do not have one myself. I will keep you updated as soon as I have any new info.

• Today there was a other update from microsoft. No problems, everything was ok. It's very strange with the problems yesterday.

• According to our tech team this issue was resolved in version 12.0.11 , so make sure you have this update.

Also version 12.0.11.2 was released today for the dutch version.

• I wold i ask you where do i find this update version, but the same time my bitdefender has update itself to 12.0.11.2. Many thanks for the reply and information.

• According to our tech team this issue was resolved in version 12.0.11 , so make sure you have this update.

Also version 12.0.11.2 was released today for the dutch version.

Thanks for this. I'll download the update and test it. Just restarting windows update will check whether it has been resolved. Problem occurred during scanning...

I'll provide feedback.

Sven

• I got Vista 64-bit dutch an i'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 2008.

No need for the 2009 version, because i had already updated my subscription (616 days left = 2 years update).

It worked like a charm, but since 3 days i also have this problem.

• Hi Dragon Racing. Theoretically the update should cover your problem too, as the main core of the 2009 is not very different from 2008.

I do however recommend that on the long run you should look at installing 2009 or the soon to come 2010, as I am not sure to what extend we will support the 2008 in the future.

• Hi Novan,

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem, also on a 64-bit Vista. Is the work-around to turn off Bitdefender while the system is being updated?

• EHB
    EHB
    edited December 2008
    Options

I have the same problem, windows can't update anymore. (Vista x64 Dutch and Internet Security 2008 build 11.0.16)

:wub:<event source="Antivirus" timestamp="1229118115" type="critical">

<subject>gedetecteerd</subject>

<message>Bestandspad: download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/dflt/2008/12/2044022_63397d1326d1f11f676c5339e140021555157f0f.cab</message>

<action>Geblokkeerd</action>

I hope you can fix this problem soon.

Greetings. :(

• @ehb.

Where can you see what build you got from IS2008

• EHB
    Options
    @ehb.

Where can you see what build you got from IS2008

Icon on taskbar, right mousebutton, info.

• Thanks.

I got the same version like you and also have the same problem.

• As of build 11.0.17 this still pops up. Click link to see screenshot since image w/o extension isn't allowed.

http://item.slide.com/r/1/175/i/wPd5-UOj5z...rP4pRg5typKSEh/