Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitderfender Services Stopped

Options

After returning to my comp after about 2 hours , I found a huge message reporting Bitdefender has been switched off due to updates!!! What sort of crap program is this to bring down all protection including Firewall to facillitate updates!!!??? I want my money back!!!

post-19605-1228939597_thumb.jpg

post-19605-1228939656_thumb.jpg

Comments

• I am getting the same message. I just puchased the program yesterday, installed it on my computer, and have had the same issue. I called for service, waited for 45 minutes on hold, then was told to send in a deep scan after rebooting. The program worked briefly, did the scan, sent it in, and heard nothing. Now the program is not at all funtional. I am thinking the money back idea is brilliant.

• I think it is time to write off my 10 licenses and go elsewhere. Is BD in its death throes?

• My Bitdefender "Internet Security 2009" does the same thing as well (the service stopping and no firewall protection). Although bitdefender recommends turning off the windows firewall when you first install due to it having an 'advance' firewall, but still I keep the windows firewall on just in case the bitdefender services stop on me while I am away from the pc.

• ralph can we please get your configuration details, such as operating system version of program you have installed, intallation date, etc ?

I can see from the attached image that it is BitDefender Internet Security 2009 that is causing the problem but could really appreciate more info.

• ralph can we please get your configuration details, such as operating system version of program you have installed, intallation date, etc ?

I can see from the attached image that it is BitDefender Internet Security 2009 that is causing the problem but could really appreciate more info.

Hi thanks for replying.

Running Windows XP service pack 3

BD is build 12.0.11.2 which was installed about 2 months ago.

I also get reports of windows recovering from a critical error which has been caused by an Antivirus program.

Windows sometimes just reboots by itself on starup as BD modules are loading.

I'm disgusted that my entire computer has been left so vulnerable with no protection whatsoever for at least 2 full hours!!!

• Unknown
    edited December 2008
    Options

Hi again Ralph,

Thanks for the info.

I am unsure what you mean by a "critical error which has been caused by an Antivirus program" - does Windows actually state these words ?

From what you are writing it seems that your problems go beyond what BitDefender is doing on your machine. I would say that either your hard-disk is having some serious bad sectors, either your operating system is corrupt in some way - I recommend that you do a fresh install of Windows.

P.S. 2 full hours is nothing trust me. There are computers which stay vulnerable for weeks or months and nothing whatsoever happens to them. It depends a lot on what you are doing on your machine. If you are browsing pr0n or warez sites (hypothetically speaking) you are asking for it, but the chances of getting attacked or infected in 2 hours from your computer being idle is extremely small.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    After returning to my comp after about 2 hours , I found a huge message reporting Bitdefender has been switched off due to updates!!! What sort of crap program is this to bring down all protection including Firewall to facillitate updates!!!??? I want my money back!!!

Uninstall BD from add/remove ,after restart run the BD Uninstall Tool,then download and reinstall/repair Miorosoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005/2008 (from Microsoft).Restart and reinstall BD.You may aditionally run a full hard drive "check disk" on all partitions just before reinstalling BD.If the computer was not conected for download to some website there should be no infection otherwise some worms may have got into the computer.You can do some additional scans for svchost.exe and lssas.exe on "virustotal" virus scanning service.

Good luck!

• Hi again Ralph,

Thanks for the info.

I am unsure what you mean by a "critical error which has been caused by an Antivirus program" - does Windows actually state these words ?

From what you are writing it seems that your problems go beyond what BitDefender is doing on your machine. I would say that either your hard-disk is having some serious bad sectors, either your operating system is corrupt in some way - I recommend that you do a fresh install of Windows.

P.S. 2 full hours is nothing trust me. There are computers which stay vulnerable for weeks or months and nothing whatsoever happens to them. It depends a lot on what you are doing on your machine. If you are browsing **** or warez sites (hypothetically speaking) you are asking for it, but the chances of getting attacked or infected in 2 hours from your computer being idle is extremely small.

Hi, fair enough I will be doing a reinstall during Crimbo hols, but if it re occurs on a fresh install, I'll be looking for a refund!

The critcal error report:

After the system spontaneiously reboots, I get a message reporting Windows has recovered from a critical error. I then send the Error report details off to MS and they send back a notification that it is known to be caused by either 2 AV systems running together. They suggest AV updates may fix it, otherwise contact AV supplier.

Thanks for the reply.

...p.s You mean you can get **** on the internet... flippin' eck, which site is that then?

• Uninstall bitdefender and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't, then you it was bitdefender causing it. Windows firewall is not bad actually and will protect you from basic threats while you see if bitdfender is the cause of the problem.