Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved]update Only With Reboot

Options

For about a week now my Internet Security 2009 will not update on its own. I have it set to check every 4 hours but each day I receive a notice that it hasn't happened. I try a manual update and it just says "checking" and nothing happens. If I reboot the computer the update will occur right after the reboot. Any ideas?

Comments

• TDean what is the notification message you receive when you try to update ?

Please go to the Update tab in the BitDefender Security Center and make sure you have the ALL the boxes not checked under 'Advanced Settings'. That menu can be found under Update tab -> Settings.

NOTE that you can switch to 'Advanced View' to locate the Update tab easier.

Cheers,

Daniel M.

• TDean what is the notification message you receive when you try to update ?

Please go to the Update tab in the BitDefender Security Center and make sure you have the ALL the boxes not checked under 'Advanced Settings'. That menu can be found under Update tab -> Settings.

NOTE that you can switch to 'Advanced View' to locate the Update tab easier.

Cheers,

Daniel M.

It now seems to be working. I went to the update settings and reset it to default, then changed the update times to 4 hours again and it seems to be working OK. The last 2 updates have been automatic and on time. Not sure what happened but as long as it works. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.