Severe Problem

Bit defender locks my computer everytime. before I can even open the uninstall tool. I can not even restart with ctrl/alt/del.

I can not get any connection on the CHAT help line. Can someone please give me a phone number or email to contact Bitdefender.

Comments

• What is your PC's system specifications, and OS? Also what bitdefender version are you using?

• What is your PC's system specifications, and OS? Also what bitdefender version are you using?
  • Windows XP , Internet security 2009

If I unplug the internet cable, the computer will operate a little longer before locking up. I tried uninstall (from the BD folder) but it locked up. I tried uninstall from the control panel but no uninstall button was evident

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Bit defender locks my computer everytime. before I can even open the uninstall tool. I can not even restart with ctrl/alt/del.

I can not get any connection on the CHAT help line. Can someone please give me a phone number or email to contact Bitdefender.

Post the full specs of your computer !

How old is the Windows install ?

BD will not help you with hardware problems ,this ones you need to solve by yourself or together on this forum.

• hey 007, you should restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and then get the bd uninstall tool. uninstall bd, restart the computer and check if the issue still occurs. If it still does, it means that it is not bd responsible. if it does not, it means that bd might be responsible.

[How to restart in Safe Mode with Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE with Networking' in the text menu and press 'Enter'.

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode with Networking; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

you can contact bd by phone using the number for your computer from this page https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/Main...-phone-hho.html