Bitdefender Corrupt After Update

I'm using BitDefender v10 plus and have the lisence key.

My problem is: After install it. I updated it via automatic update function.

After update and restart, BitDefender doesn't show the Icon on the tray, and when I right click a folder to ask it to scan, it says files are altered, need to re-install.

I re-install several times, it runs well before update, and die after update...

Does any one know how to solve this?

Thanks

Comments

• I'm using BitDefender v10 plus and have the lisence key.

After update and restart, BitDefender doesn't show the Icon on the tray, and when I right click a folder to ask it to scan, it says files are altered, need to re-install.

Thanks

What for system do you use?

Try to uninstall it with the uninstall tool see the explenation http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB333-en--How-to...itDefender.html maybe that can help you after that you can try to install bitdefender.

• What for system do you use?

Try to uninstall it with the uninstall tool see the explenation http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB333-en--How-to...itDefender.html maybe that can help you after that you can try to install bitdefender.

I am using WindowXP Pro.

I did what you said... Still no effect... after updating... The red ball Icon on the tray disappear. And when I want to scan a file, it says "The bitdefender scan files have been altered and are not working properly anymore! Please repair the current installation and try again"

Well, all is because I updated... Maybe the update server gave me corrupted files?

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited December 2008
    I'm using BitDefender v10 plus and have the lisence key.

Thanks

Please check the hard drive with the manufacturer diagnostic tool.Seems to be some corruption problems on your computer hard drive.I discovered myself that hard drive-SATA/PATA controlers conflicts/incompatibilities can cause problems with BD.