Bitdefenders Services Are Not Responding. Please Restart Your Computer And If The Problem Persists,

It has been more than 30 days so far that I am trying to get a reply from people from BitDefender. I bought Antivirus 2009 and I have Vista x64 Enterprise Edition, after I have installed the product it was working for couple of days. After one of the updates I started to get Critical Errors every time when I was turning on my PC. Several times I was sending bugs through their bug reports screen and I have sent several e-mails to customer support. After 2 weeks I lost my patience and I wanted my money back, but again no one replied to me. So what is happening, they took my money, their product is not working at all, they are not giving me ANY explanation and I am not getting my money back. One thing is for sure, I will not let this go away just like that. If my company had this kind of attitude with our clients, it wouldn't exist long time ago. It is not about 30$ it is about my rights, and it this instance I am feeling like I all of this is a scam, so what I will do, I will get this to public, newspapers, magazines and everywhere I am capable of, people should know. Even if I get my money back, I really don't care now, it is too late to change my mind. If you are thinking to buy this product, than better use that money and go somewhere or give it to someone who might need it.

"BitDefenders Services are not responding. Please restart your computer and if the problem persists, contact BitDefender support."

Support ?? What Support ??

Marko

Comments

• "BitDefenders Services are not responding. Please restart your computer and if the problem persists, contact BitDefender support."

I am also getting the same message even though all 3 processes are running. The icon is grey, no error reports or anything.

Is there any solution besides repairing (which btw is taking ages)?

• "BitDefenders Services are not responding. Please restart your computer and if the problem persists, contact BitDefender support."

I am also getting the same message even though all 3 processes are running. The icon is grey, no error reports or anything.

Is there any solution besides repairing (which btw is taking ages)?

Same problems. Think its time to try another antivirus proggy. I try to reinstall all other solutions with NO LUCK.

We need HELP and FAST !!

• neo1962
    edited December 2008

I have the same problem since yesterday evening. The services do not start any more.

Please help.

Windows Vista Home premium 64 bit edition.

• Hmm, I got the same thing yesterday. I unlocked my workstation (Vista 32bit) and BD started to do a full scan. I cancelled that and started browsing around. It wasn't till about 30 minutes later that I looked down by the clock and saw that the BD icon was grey. Clicked on it and it popped up what you mention. I had to reboot to get it active.

• I am having this problem also ... worrying when you think we rely on this software to protect our PCs.

Also we pay for this software, it's not like it's free !

• PCDania
    edited December 2008

I have this problem too with Bitdefender not responding and at the same time the Bitdefender Threat Scanner is filling up my harddisk with definition files. I installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 2nd of Oct on my WinXP SP2 system. The "BitDefender Threat Scanner" folder now takes up 20+GB (yes, GigaByte) of space. Found out because suddenly IE started behaving strange, then I tried to uninstall a program but an error occured, I found another program I also wanted to uninstall but got the message there was not enough free space on the harddisk (I have that warning disabled). Hu? There should be at least 15-20GB free space on my C partition, so I checked and found zero free space! After narrowing it down I found out the "BitDefender Threat Scanner" folder takes up 20+GB of space. I'm from Denmark so the following path might be a little wrong: C\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner

I've tried if I could simply delete the older folders in the "BitDefender Threat Scanner" folder, but there's a file in use so that is impossible (might work if I shut Bitdefender down). I think I'm going to buy NOD32 instead and wave goodby to the 286 days of use I still have left on the BIS2009 license. Not exactly what I had expected to give myself for Christmas....

• I can totally understand you. I 've been in contact with BD for the last 3 weeks trying to get some help with a similar problem, however to no avail. I must say this has got to be the most horrible service I've ever experienced. As one of you wrote: It feels like we've been scammed. One thing's for sure, I won't be renewing my subscription.

• I too have had many prolems with bit defender Support is non existant I called micro soft support & even they had a difficult time geting it to uninstall They spent over 6 hourstrying to get it to uninstall & reair the damage it did to my Os Micro Soft has now declare Bit Defender to be a rouge program My advise yto any one stiil trying to get support from these ****** at Bit Defender is toi forfget about it 7 try to uninstall it by any means posible Revo uninstaller seems to do the job Use it instead of the one supplied by Bit Pretender & put in a different AV Program Personally I like Kapersky's Products Works quite well & has decent support & oh yeah once you get rid of the Bit prtender crap 7 run a different Av scan you can expect to find a LOt of HEUR Ivader Trogans the bit Dender left install all over the place especially in restore files & any other anti spy /malware program files you may have installed

• My advise to all haveing problems with Bit Defender is to call Microsoft if you are useing one of their OS & ask for PC secuirity & tel them you have a virus problem They will do their level best to help fix the problems caused by bit defender They wil ask you to run their Windows live online scan 1st So do that before you call them Worked for me Took a about 5-6 hours before we got things straightend out But It cost me noything for their support & they Themseveds are now getting many cals related to bit defender So many complaints in fact That They are Now declareing Bit Defender a Rouge Program And Will be contacting The jack ###### that made this program Hopefully that wil do some good if not I can see The company that puts out this program Going out of bussinees very soon once people find out that this softwate has now been declared to be a rouge program

• It has been more than 30 days so far that I am trying to get a reply from people from BitDefender. I bought Antivirus 2009 and I have Vista x64 Enterprise Edition, after I have installed the product it was working for couple of days. After one of the updates I started to get Critical Errors every time when I was turning on my PC. Several times I was sending bugs through their bug reports screen and I have sent several e-mails to customer support. After 2 weeks I lost my patience and I wanted my money back, but again no one replied to me. So what is happening, they took my money, their product is not working at all, they are not giving me ANY explanation and I am not getting my money back. One thing is for sure, I will not let this go away just like that. If my company had this kind of attitude with our clients, it wouldn't exist long time ago. It is not about 30$ it is about my rights, and it this instance I am feeling like I all of this is a scam, so what I will do, I will get this to public, newspapers, magazines and everywhere I am capable of, people should know. Even if I get my money back, I really don't care now, it is too late to change my mind. If you are thinking to buy this product, than better use that money and go somewhere or give it to someone who might need it.

"BitDefenders Services are not responding. Please restart your computer and if the problem persists, contact BitDefender support."

Support ?? What Support ??

Marko

• Hey everyone...I had the same problem. Mine started about a week before Thanksgiving. At first I thought maybe just their servers were down for maintainance or something until I started up my laptop and saw that it was working fine on my laptop but not on my desktop. I went through the whole process of asking for assitance http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB389-en--Asking...assistance.html and emailed them all the reports and LOOOONG story short they couldn't determine the issue.

The "fix" was to uninstall and reinstall, I must admit though that it worked for me.

Dear XXXXXX, At this point we recommend you to reinstall BitDefender 2008. In order to reinstall BitDefender please use the guidelines below: -

uninstall BitDefender as described below: http://www.bitdefender.com/KB333-en--How-t...itDefender.html -

install BitDefender using the latest installation kit available fordownload. Please note that you need to download (save) the installation kitprior to running it.

The BitDefender Antivirus 2008 (formerly named Antivirus v10 edition)installation kit can be downloaded from one of the 2 locations:-

32 bit compatible version (most commonly used version): http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2008_32b.exe -

64 bit compatible version: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2008_64b.exe

The installation guide is available here: http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB382-en--Instal...virus-2008.html During the setup process you will be prompted for your license key. Please use the license key received when you purchased to register BitDefender.

For more information on the registration process please read: http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB385-en--Regist...ender-2008.html We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

• Hey everyone...I had the same problem.

The "fix" was to uninstall and reinstall, I must admit though that it worked for me.

Yer I've done the re-install twice now, and yup I used the BitDefender cleaner tool to ensure it was all gone on the second try. But a few days / weeks later the problem comes back. So that fix didn't work for me :(.

• Looks like I might have solved the not reponding problem after I booted to Safe Mode and deleted all the older subfolders in the "BitDefender Threat Scanner" folder and regained the 20+ GB. Bitdefender is currently slowly filling the folder up again each time it updates the definition files as it does not delete the old outdated folders.

• My problem solved by removing the last update of IE8 beta 2. :):)