Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bibitdefeder Is Now Considered Rouge Programby Microsoft

Options
pigpen
edited December 2008 in General talk

Bit defender is now thought of as a rouge program by micro soft This has occurred as of today The reason for this isthat bit defender support has becom pretty much non existant Its uninstallers do not work & program has alloowed may heur invader trogans to take over pcs Micro softs own P.C. secuity techs have spent many hours trying to uninstall this program and repair the damage it has done to peoples p.cs Mine being one of them. So just to letrthe So called suport personel at Bit Pretender Know Micro soft is on to your games & you will be hearing from them Maybe not you jerks never answer your phone & very rarely answer your E- Mails but Once the word gets out to people useing Micro soft product which I can guarentee It wil expect to see a HUGE drop in sales of your products. Good I hope you guys go bankrupt & have to close shop & have to refund every cent people paid for your crap software + have to foot the bills for having to hire a tech to repair the damage caused by your software

Comments

• Wish my engrish was that great :blink:.

• alexcrist
    Options

Pigpen, you have been warned for improper language on a public forum. If your posts get deleted, don't think that they were deleted because what you say (it's your opinion), but because they contain just too many dirty words to edit.

Cris.

• NL71
    edited December 2008
    Options

I am interested and have attempted to confirm the origin of this post but haven't been able to identify any details more specific than those via the link I have provided (If anyone can provide relevant detail to any story, I'll happily stand corrected.)

Although the initial post is almost illegible, it highlights a problem that potentially affects many users; probably some aren't aware of the situation.

This link provides more reliable and understandable information.

• alexcrist
    Options

The link posted by NL71 describes a situation when a bug in BitDefender engine blocks certain archives. Those blocks were NOT intended by anyone and, as far as I understood, it should have already been fixed.

I will ask around to see what happened.

As of BitDefender being rogue... think of it like this. Would major testing organizations, like AV-Compratives, Virus Bulletin and so on, be including BitDefender in their tests if it was a rogue application? Rogue software don't have a malware database with over 2 million signatures. Rogue software detects a lot of fake malware in your system, and won't let you "clean" them until you buy it (BitDefender has a trial period, and won't detect malware that's not there). Rogue software show popups, warnings, alerts, redirects your pages to more rogue software, so on and so forth. Do you see BitDefender doing that?

Here's a more detailed description of what "rogue software" means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_software .

Cris.

• I won't consider it being rogue software, but bitdefender does have plenty of bugs/issues to deal with. Blue screens of death (yes, tested and confirmed it was bitdefender 2009 internet security that caused it, even checked the system logs as well), updating engine being corrupt after a while, protection services stop on random (which kind of defeats the purpose of having a security suite), and the program itself going corrupt is a few of the problems that are quite common with bitdefender 2009 (check the forums as well if you disagree). And NO, chkdsk/r does not fix bitdefender's programing code/bugs.

• alexcrist
    Options

I never said that BitDefender is a perfect software. On the contrary, I know that some of you experience problems with it. But from having problems, to being declared "rogue" (by Microsoft, of all things! <_< ) it's a very long way to go... what if Windows Vista was declared rogue, back when it was released and nothing worked in it? :D

However, there are two things that should be taken into consideration:

1) other security solutions also have problems. It just depends on your system configuration (both hardware and software). If you are unlucky enough to bump into some kind of conflict, yes, you will have problems (and YES, incorrectly removed security solutions might get you in big trouble when installing BitDefender). By saying this, I'm not blaming anyone. I know that BitDefender has to be compatible with all system configurations, not the other way around...but put yourself in the ###### of the developers: how can you test the product on ALL system configurations? You can't, and you just have to take a risk. If it doesn't work, you'll have to keep going, fix the problems, and release a new version and, hopefully, it will work this time. This is not an excuse for BitDefender's problems, it's just the reality.

2) I know at least 6-7 persons, with different system configurations (and different OSs), which use different BitDefender versions without any problems. And there are users around this forum which don't have any problems with BitDefender (like many users who posted on Malware Talk about infection problems, but never posted in other sections, about product problems).

So YES, BitDefender works correctly in most situations. I'm not saying this just to say it, nor because I want to defend BitDefender. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to defend a product if it wouldn't be doing it's job as it should (if you don't know, I don't work for BitDefender; I'm just a normal user, a volunteer on this forum).

If you have problems, just ask for help. I, for one, can guarantee that in my limit of spare time, possibilities and knowledge, I will try to help whoever I can around here (but still, I'm one person, and this is a big forum, so don't ask me for miracles :) ).

And to sweeten the atmosphere a little, it's Christmas. Let's all forget about these problems, at least for one day or two. :)

Merry Christmas!

Cris.

• I never said that BitDefender is a perfect software. On the contrary, I know that some of you experience problems with it. But from having problems, to being declared "rogue" (by Microsoft, of all things! <_< ) it's a very long way to go... what if Windows Vista was declared rogue, back when it was released and nothing worked in it? :D

However, there are two things that should be taken into consideration:

1) other security solutions also have problems. It just depends on your system configuration (both hardware and software). If you are unlucky enough to bump into some kind of conflict, yes, you will have problems (and YES, incorrectly removed security solutions might get you in big trouble when installing BitDefender). By saying this, I'm not blaming anyone. I know that BitDefender has to be compatible with all system configurations, not the other way around...but put yourself in the ###### of the developers: how can you test the product on ALL system configurations? You can't, and you just have to take a risk. If it doesn't work, you'll have to keep going, fix the problems, and release a new version and, hopefully, it will work this time. This is not an excuse for BitDefender's problems, it's just the reality.

2) I know at least 6-7 persons, with different system configurations (and different OSs), which use different BitDefender versions without any problems. And there are users around this forum which don't have any problems with BitDefender (like many users who posted on Malware Talk about infection problems, but never posted in other sections, about product problems).

So YES, BitDefender works correctly in most situations. I'm not saying this just to say it, nor because I want to defend BitDefender. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to defend a product if it wouldn't be doing it's job as it should (if you don't know, I don't work for BitDefender; I'm just a normal user, a volunteer on this forum).

If you have problems, just ask for help. I, for one, can guarantee that in my limit of spare time, possibilities and knowledge, I will try to help whoever I can around here (but still, I'm one person, and this is a big forum, so don't ask me for miracles :) ).

And to sweeten the atmosphere a little, it's Christmas. Let's all forget about these problems, at least for one day or two. :)

Merry Christmas!

Cris.

I agree with the statements made here.

I have had a lot of problems with my installation of BD Antivirus 2009, there is very little response from support and this is not on at all, when a product is sold, support should be there to help especially when there is a statement saying that there is support 24/7.

However, after many attempts at installing, it finally worked for me.

I have been with BD for a couple of years now and after trying many companies for antivirus and spyware solutions over the years, BD is the one for me, this is the best there is.