"unable To Contact The Upgrade Server"

I have v7.2

Since Dec 4th, I have not had any updates to Bitdefender. I had it on automatic update and prior to the 4th had no issues.

For whatever reason now, it won't connect to the server. I disabled auto update and have tried to 'check' for updates on my own. After it finishes searching, it comes back with this message:

The BitDefender Live! module was unable to contact the upgrade server.

Please check your connection and try again.

I have the website set as http://upgrade.bitdefender.com...................I don't have any connection issues I am posting this from said computer right now so obviously I can connect to the internet. Did the website change or what could possibly be going on?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice that you may have.

Comments

• Try uninstalling (with the bitdefender removal tool) and reinstalling, might fix your issue. Since owning bitdefender, had to uninstall and reinstall about three times so far in order to have it fully working and five repair installs (only fixes a few issues).

• try to replace upgrade.bitdefender.com with upgrade1.bitdefender.com in the Update settings in the product. If that does not help, try the following steps to pinpoint the issue:

1. Click on Start->Run->type cmd -> press OK or Enter;

2. In the new black window, from 'command prompt', please write the command - ping upgrade.bitdefender.com - without the '-' and the hit Enter;

3. After you perform the ping, please write the command - nslookup upgrade.bitdefender.com - and hit Enter;

4. After you perform the nslookup, please write the command - tracert upgrade.bitdefender.com - and hit Enter;

and post the results here and we will check it and see if there is any issues there.

• To rsenic,

Your suggestion about changing the default update server to upgrade1.bitdefender.com from upgrade.bitdefender.com worked for me. I got an update for the first time after my installation on 28 Dec 08.

What is going on with the BD update servers?

thanks, Atlanta Eng

• @ melty

The version 7.2 is very very old. The update and support for it will end soon. Please upgrade to a superior version

• @ crysty2k5 how come 'The update and support for it will end soon'? I knew bd offers support and updates for all products, including the bd 7 products.