Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mozy And Bitdefender

Options

When I upgraded to BitDefender Total Security 2009, I encountered serious problems keeping my pc running. After contacting support they recommended uninstalling Mozy back up service.

I did so and found BitDefender and my pc working well again. BitDefender support hasn't responded about how to run the to products together.

Is there anyone out there running both on XPHomesp3?

Comments

• what was the exact issue that you experienced?

• I am experiencing the same issue on XPProSP3. Installing BDIS 2009 causes system hangs within seconds to minutes after booting. Total lockup of keyboard, display, everything - and requires power down to recover.

Disabling Mozy from starting, either by uninstalling (unfun) or by preventing its programs from starting (in selective startup) allows BDIS to operate with no problems. Disabling BDIS from starting through disabling its processes allows Mozy to function perfectly. Apparently these two services cannot coexist.

I have gone into the BDIS firewall config screens to allow any connections from the three Mozy processes (with full permissions), as Mozy has recommended this for other firewall software (NDIS, MacAfee, Windows, etc):

mozybackup.exe

mozyconf.exe

mozystat.exe

Mozy support so far has recommended uninstalling BDIS. Has anyone found a way for these two to coexist? BTW, I only experienced this with BDIS 2009 at first. Going back to BDIS 2008 eventually led to the same conditions. So now I am running without Mozy until I can get resolution from one company or the other.

• this is a typical issue between 2 software that want to have complete control over the computer. In this case you need to contact the bd support and ask them to test this issue and I am sure that they will come up with a product fix for the 2 to co-exist. This also occurred at one point with bd and Acronis True Image and it is now solved.

another solution is to use the Backup function in the Total Security solution (only if it suites your needs) and not use Mozy.

• Thanks for the encouragement. I have opened a ticket with BD and hope they can provide a solution. I also opened a ticket with Mozy, who is requesting that I obtain any logs that BD is generating at the point of failure. So far, I cannot find any error output, even in the MS Event Logs. Anyone know of any other places to look?

I would prefer to keep Mozy, as I backup over 20GB. They also have a great user interface for accessing files to be restored. You can walk a "Mozy" directory structure of what is backed up and right click on what you want to restore, even choosing among multiple versions.