Do I Have A Problem?

Three weeks ago I got hit with something that started taking over my computer. I had BD scan and remove three tojans, deleted all temporary IE files and still got constant pop ups about getting an antivirus scan. My task manager was diabled as was regedit. After hearing nothing back from BD, I created a new C drive on a new hard drive.

While on the internet today, I got the hit with the same Antivirus warning. When I couldn't shut the window I shut down the computer and disconnected the internet cable. I started again in safe mode and ran two Deep and Full system scans with no files found. I down loaded AVIS.zip on another computer, moved it over to the suspect machine and ran a scan. There were 21 "infected files" with such names as Trojan.pretender.gen, Trojan.exporter.gen, win32infector.gen. I could not find anyway to save this scan....maybe because I was in safe mode. I also could not find any references to these specific names on the Internet. There also were some "fragments of something ZLOB.

I also ran Rogue Remover, which showed no problems. But I was not able to download the lateset update for some reason.

I have saved and attached the BD scan logs and a BD system log, but I'm not sure what to do next except shut the machine down and prepare to create another new C drive. Anyone have any suggestions?

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4386" data-fileid="4386" rel="">bd_sys_log.xml.zip

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4387" data-fileid="4387" rel="">1230590136_1_00.xml

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4388" data-fileid="4388" rel="">1230593681_1_00.xml

Comments

• Download Malwarebytes' Anti-malware from here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

Once the download is complete, run the install program, and accept all of the default options. Make sure that the options to Update and Launch the software is checked when you click Finish.

Now, let's make sure that it has all of the latest anti-spyware definitions: click on the Update tab and click the Check for Updates button.

malwarebytes1.png

After the updates have been loaded, click on the Scanner tab and choose the Perform Complete Scan option, then click the Scan button.

a5163075fd548685aa01c10a88346d17.png

When the scan is complete, it will show you all of the potentially harmful files on your computer - click the button to remove them automatically.

Paste the scan log here. :)

• BitDefender AVIS shouldn't be used for system scanning except if you are told to do so.

You can create System Logs (System Info tab), but to use AVIS to scan for malware is completely unrecommended, except when advised to do so by a BitDefender Virus Analyst.

I will take a look at your logs as soon as I can.

Cris.