Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[open]problems With Slow Email

Options

I just installed the BitDefender the day before yesterday. I had some problems and finally fixed them, the biggest one amounting to software conflicts. My problem is that everytime I am trying to load a page from a secure website, the biggest problems being Yahoo and Gmail, it lags greatly; almost giving the impression that the computer freezes. I don't need the patches for Windows Vista (I have XP.) Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• I cannot answer this question but rather add that I have a similar problem. I installed bitdefender 2009 on my new computer running vista. I noticed that the computer is particularly slower now, especially with gmail. In fact, I can no longer download files from gmail.

• try to switch the Antivirus protection to Permissive and check if that help. Also, please tell me if you are using the new gmail and yahoo interfaces.

• Do you uses Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7??

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Options

G'Day krissyinlv,

Before I answer your speed problem, I need to know if you have installed ALL the Windows Updates including SP3 (Service Pack 3) also need to know if you have used any Tweaking Programs (programs that are supposed to fix your Registry and other settings to make your PC go faster) if you did I need to know which ones so I can recommend a fix for you.

I trust that BDIS 2009 is the only one of its type you have installed on your PC, i.e. no other Security Suits or Anti-Virus or other are installed on your PC ??

:ph34r:

• F1uiD
    edited January 2009
    Options

I have a pretty much related problem on 2 computers about slow email.

One is installed with Xp SP2 and windows update disable since long time. I tweaked registery to place My Document and Identity files on a second partition. Since I installed bitdefender, every email I send with medium-large attachements are droping out of time. Some email could not be send, Some are sent but Outlook express tell me they aren't.

The second one got lastest updated XP SP3. It's a lenovo notebooks. I got problem after about 2 week after install, around 18 december, the update system just stop working and I started to get trouble with Microsoft Outlook 2003. Email got really slow to send... quite the same thing as the first computer. Sudently, the BitDefender Control Center started to get error while I was using it. The taskbar's icon disapear and I couldn't get access to the update tab without a application crash. I couldn't disable the real-time protection without a crash.

I ask technical support:

Me: "Have you fix the email problem"

tech: "No, You will receive a email in the next 24hrs.

Me: "Is disableing mail scan fixing the problem ?

Tech: "Disable spam filter"

I naturaly had to reinstall on the second computer and I did disable everything about email. Now it's working and I'm waiting to see if it will do it again.

The first computer still doesn't work even if I disable the spam and email scan. I guess I need to reinstall first...

Any Administrator got some new for me ??????

Alex

• I just installed the BitDefender the day before yesterday. I had some problems and finally fixed them, the biggest one amounting to software conflicts. My problem is that everytime I am trying to load a page from a secure website, the biggest problems being Yahoo and Gmail, it lags greatly; almost giving the impression that the computer freezes. I don't need the patches for Windows Vista (I have XP.) Does anyone have any suggestions?

I installed BD on 1-20-09 on 2 XP machines. G-Mail was very slow on IE7 machine. I tried Firefox 3 browser and everthing was back to normal.