Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Bitdefender Is 2009 - And The Program Garena

Options
CasperSand
edited January 2009 in General talk

Hi

I just upgraded from using bitdefender is 2008 -> 2009.

I then got a problem.. I play warcraft 3 through the program garena, kinda the thing as hamachi. But when i launch warcraft 3, I can't acces the local area network, it says "Could not connect to the network".

I've tried to add the war3.exe file into the firewall -> rules, but it does not work. I've added all allowence, both udp and tcp, but neither help.

What can i do? Uinstalling bitdefender internet secutiry 2009 seems to be the only solution, and it works.. But it can't be true!

I hope someone can help me

/Casper

ps. I found and old topic in this forum http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=8070 but no solution was ever found in this topic. I did what Niels suggested, but it didn't work eiter..

Comments

• first of all, try to temporarily disable the bitdefender firewall and check if that makes any difference.

• it doesen't

• did you try with all the bd modules disabled (antivirus, firewall, privacy control)?

• CasperSand
    edited January 2009
    Options

i just tried with disabeling firewall and antivirus, should i try disable all features?

• not really, as the firewall and antivirus are the most powerful ones and most likely to cause this issue.

please try the following:

Go to Start > Run (for Vista use the search box) > type: ncpa.cpl [ENTER] > right-click your "Local Area Connection" -> Properties. In the list of items, it is possible that you have "BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver". If you see it in the list, click on it and then click on "Uninstall" -> click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it. Wait a few moments and it will no longer be shown in the list.

Restart the computer and check the issue.

In order to reinstall the NDIS driver (without which the firewall will not work), go to Safe Mode and do this:

Go to Start > Run (for Vista use the search box) > type: ncpa.cpl [ENTER] > right-click your "Local Area Connection" -> Properties. Click "Install" -> "Service" -> "Have Disk..." -> "Browse" and go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall and select netsf.inf.

If you receive any error messages from Windows just click Continue until the driver is installed.

Now "BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver" should appear in the list of protocols for your network connection. Click Close and restart your computer.

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter'.

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

• Hi

I now uinstalled the NDIS filter driver, but I'm not able to reinstall it. I don't have a file called netsf.inf I have tried to search for hidden files, and it doesn't show up.

So now I'll reinstall BD IS 09 to get it again.

And I still can't acces the local area network through warcraft 3.

• but were you able to access the network with the driver uninstalled?

• No, I still didn't have acces.

• unfortunately, I can not help you with this issue, as I don't know what is causing it. I actually tested the issue on my computer by installing bd is09/warcraft/garena and ran into the same issue :( . even with the bd processes stopped and the ndis filter disabled I still received the same error message :ph34r: and bd was not even working :wacko:

you need to send this to the testing team through the bd support and they will be able to find a solution, hopefully. <_<

• Okay, thank you helping - I'll try to sent this to bd support!

• u're welcome. pls let me know of their solution as I really am curious. :wacko:

• luslom
    edited January 2009
    Options
    u're welcome. pls let me know of their solution as I really am curious. :wacko:

Hi there!

I just upgraded from BDIS 2008 to BDIS 2009 - what a sorrow pill with this Garena bug!

As other users over the internet confirm - one of solutions is to uninstall BD 2009 / downgrade to BD 2008.

I metioned to "make things work" @ BDIS 2009 by:

1) Disable "Real-time protection". It has to be done at closed Garena!

2) Wait few seconds (about 10?) for real time protection to disable

3) Launch Garena and start desired game.

4) At this time you can anable real time protection again!

This is a proof that it is an Antivirus issue, not connected to the firewall module (??)

Please, pass this forward to support team of BitDefender! I assume somebody allready started to mail them and I dont want to interrupt this process.

• Hi there!

I just upgraded from BDIS 2008 to BDIS 2009 - what a sorrow pill with this Garena bug!

As other users over the internet confirm - one of solutions is to uninstall BD 2009 / downgrade to BD 2008.

I metioned to "make things work" @ BDIS 2009 by:

1) Disable "Real-time protection". It has to be done at closed Garena!

2) Wait few seconds (about 10?) for real time protection to disable

3) Launch Garena and start desired game.

4) At this time you can anable real time protection again!

This is a proof that it is an Antivirus issue, not connected to the firewall module (??)

Please, pass this forward to support team of BitDefender! I assume somebody allready started to mail them and I dont want to interrupt this process.

Hi I just checked up on my topic again, and I have now tried what you suggested, by disable the realtime protection, and then launch garena. But it didn't work for me, I also tried to disable both real time protection and the firewall, and then start garena, I still can't acces the local area network :(

But I've written bitdefender an email, and they have now answered me, asked me to sent them some logfiles that I got by 2 small programs, I hope that can help them - I'm excited to hear from them... I've now just uinstalled bdis09 to be able to play through the garena network..