Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Internet 2009 Problems

Options

Ok, few questions. I see people on here talking about a customer service phone line (whether it works or not, who knows). How do you find it? It's not on the website anywhere? I also can't find an e-mail and finally just guessed support@bd.com and struck gold there till they started ignoring me.

Ok off my soapbox. It seems to work on my PC, (Dell laptop with XP) but on my wife's it's another story. It will not enable the firewall or the real-time protection. And it'll have the normal "Exires in XX days" but at the same time tell her the trial is over? I can't get it to tell me why it won't fully enable. I've sent multiple e-mails and a scan log with no luck. It also has about 12 things that are "infections" but can't do anything with. Any ideas?

Also of note is that some program Antivirus Pro 2009 that she's not installed, the emblem is like a Microsoft-type shield and now she can't even get online. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• to contact the bitdefender support, you can do one of the following:

write an email to support@bitdefender.com

go to Live Assistance (a chat) through this web page

use the phone number for your country from this page

regarding the bd issues on the other computer: what is the exact bd product that you have?

Antivirus Pro 2009 is a rogue antivirus and is might be difficult to remove once it is installed. As bd is not working properly, you might want to consider googleing this issue and see if there is any manual removal solution.

• Zach
    Options
    to contact the bitdefender support, you can do one of the following:

write an email to support@bitdefender.com

go to Live Assistance (a chat) through this web page

use the phone number for your country from this page

regarding the bd issues on the other computer: what is the exact bd product that you have?

Antivirus Pro 2009 is a rogue antivirus and is might be difficult to remove once it is installed. As bd is not working properly, you might want to consider googleing this issue and see if there is any manual removal solution.

I got rid of it once by "uninstalling" it but it finds a way onto her computer. Sorry, running BD Internet 2009

• it is tricky to completely uninstall that software as it has the behavior of a malware, and must have a lot of hidden files within the system. my first suggestion is to try to use the bd rescue cd. You can find it here to download and this is a user guide. the rescue cd is basically a Linux version designed to remove malware, and you should give it a try.

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Options

G'Day Zach,

Support with BigDefender is of major concern, in that I don't think it exists except for the auto responder reply telling you that they will handle the issue within 48 hours - and you wait, and wait, and wait - NEVER getting a reply.

Customer Service with BitDefender is a MAJOR FAILURE and apperently of little concern to them - They are only interested in selling you the product it seems and then they don't want to know you, relying on forum members and other error fixes that can be found on the web to fix their problems.

OK, so much for BD lack of support - like I said in one of my other posts, "Don't hold your breath waiting for BD Support"

As to your problem:

1. BitDefender, as does any other Internet Security Suite, only functions correctly if you ONLY have one of then installed. If you have more than one, you must un-install ALL of them before you again attempt to install only the one of your choice. BitDefender suggest that they have issues if you have AdAware, SpyBot, and some other Anti-Spyware programs installed, this is ONLY correct if you have them running as an active TSR (Terminate Stay Resident) program which you will then see as an active Icon on the right side of your Start Bar. Should this be the case, e.g. AdAware has a "Ad-Watch" which luckily it does not run automatically after installing ADAware, how ever if it was running, it would cause a conflict while BitDefender Internet Security was active. This is also the case with SpyBots "TeaTimer" as these duplicate the monitoring of your system protection.

2. After Un-installing any of the other duplicate type programs, I also advise that you have downloaded their Un-Install Tool(s) BitDefender Tool How to use download, to ensure that all windows, system, Registry and installed folder entries are removed from your system. This is always of concern as most of the time these programs after a bad installation, do not remove themselves correctly and need to run their un-install tool to do this for you. Another tool is the "Windows Install Clean Up" which I use after I have performed the previous tasks of un-installing, using the tools, remembering to re-boot after each task, and then use the Windows Install Clean Up tools to look for any entries that may have remained and then use this to clean out any rogue remnants.

3. If you are an advanced User, there are Developer Tools available which help you to find any entries of a installed program on your PC, however you need to understand at a senior technical level of what items can and cannot be removed. One of these Utility programs is the "Registry Crawler" available as a Trial from the 4Developers Site - There are certain Search and other options that need to be set if you use this tool. Tick all boxes on the left of the main window and then conduct your search for the rogue program. When searching it is good to know the folder name with which it was installed and use it as a starting base for the search.

4. Please remember that if you install a Trial version of anything, it will only function for the duration of the 30 or other number of days. After that YOU MUST use the uninstall tool to remove it, unless you have purchased the program and you can enter the new key so that the program will again function.

5. Other point to remember is that BitDefender now has a compulsory registration for purchased products and requires the (your) email address and a password of your choice when you generate the registration. If you do not register the product, the Auto and manual program update does not work !! In the Trial Version, the update works for the duration iof the trial.

OK so now get to it and uninstall , use the tools from the publisher(s) to clean the registry etc. etc.

There maybe other shortcuts, but most end up messing up the System further, so we use know fixes and end up with a working installation of the programs we want to install and use.

Trust that this will guide you to correct your problems and issues. :rolleyes:

BTW: Bitdefender does have 2 levels of support. 1 BitDefender Support Team [support@bitdefender.com] for normal users and the 2nd BitDefender Customer Service [customerservice@bitdefender.com] for registered users - I have had a Ticket outstanding in both since the 28th Dec 2008 and I'm still waiting, waiting 48 hours have turned into 240 hours - in the mean time I solved the problem myself.

:ph34r:

• Nice post pcbugfixer, it's very explanatory. I just want to clear one thing, regarding the last part - bd support. The customer service handles the issues related to purchases, license keys, refunds, auto-renewal, etc while the Technical Support Team handles the technical issues (when the product does not work properly :blink: ) along with the malware ones. And both of them are the Support Team (the emails that you gave are the correct ones). This is as far as I know.

• It's been 2 weeks now since I upgraded to BD total security 2009 and got problems with my thunderbird and firefox. my thunderbird would not open. my firefox would not close. my 2nd pc with newly reinstalled XP SP3 crashed and would not open after malware scan. This is understandable. But here's the WORST EVER THING: I've been emailing BD tech support for 7 times ever since and I've got no answer at all not even acknowledgment that they received my emails. i have nothing to go to but this forum. what a lousy, very lousy support!!!!

• @edward

There's no ticket ID associated with the email you have used to create the forums account. Please provide us with a ticket number you have received or a valid email address used when you contacted support.

Thanks