Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2009 Disabling My Internet Connection Sharing

Options

I have two notebook, one act as a gateway to the internet and the other is a client.

1st computer connected to the internet using HSDPA Modem, and i connect the 2nd computer using ethernet cable...no hub/switch/router between them,..just a simple direct cable between 2 notebook.

Here's the scheme :

HSDPA Modem (internet) -> 1st Computer -> Ethernet Cable -> 2nd Computer

Before using BDIS 2009, everything went fine..

but bitdefender firewall is somehow blocking internet access in 2nd computer.

I try to make the trust level on ethernet card adapter to "full trust" but it's not working.

Making the stealth mode is off..not working either..

Before you ask,..yes..i already enabling ICS option in bitdefender firewall advance setting.

And i goes all the way to make BDIS goes to Gamer Mode (in both computer),..nothing happened.

I even disabled firewall in BDIS 2009 in both computer,..but nothing happened either.

I try also using bluetooth as my ICS device, but is not working.

So it's not an ethernet issue (i think).

The only thing that make ICS work is uninstalling BDIS 2009 in the first computer. But that's not a solution.. :huh:

I have try every possible way i can think of, but hey i'm not an expert maybe i've missed some step though...

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Spec on both computer pretty much the same :

Intel Centrino Duo 1,85 Ghz

Windows XP SP2

1 GB RAM

Wifi

Bluetooth

Ethernet Card

And both using BDIS 2009 v12.0.11.2

-----------------------------------------------------------

Truth is...i never encounter such a problem using various Internet Security Suite before,..bitdefender is my first encounter...

After some fatal False Positive from bitdefender,..now this ??? In my first day using bitdefender...Oh man.. :unsure:

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks.

Comments

• let's take it step by step: try to ping each computer from the other one and see if you have any response.

• yes, i can ping each computer from the other one, no packet loss.

Both computer is also shown in the my network places in the explorer.

No problem in the file sharing.

I read from somewhere that file sharing has got nothing to do with ICS (CMIIW).

time out when pinging google or any website.

• Update:

Notice that in the network connection at the 2nd computer, actually has shown correct gateway, which is HSDPA modem on 1st computer.

But 2nd computer still cannot access internet.

post-20854-1231323671_thumb.png

Also in the network management in bit defender has shown the correct gateway, which is my IP at 1st computer (192.168.0.1), still no luck.

post-20854-1231324243_thumb.png