Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[open]parental Control Cannot Block Urls?

Options

I wanted to try blocking a website and I enabled "Parental Control", then "Enable Web Control" and specified a URL to block. I clicked "Finish" and test if that URL would be blocked and it wasn't. Fiddle around with the various check boxes and realised there was no blocking at all despite what I did. Is it just me? Googled around and found nothing on this.

Comments

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Options

Nice question lybit,

and while we all look into our Crystal Fortune telling balls, we hazard a guess as to what version of what you are using in who's operating system.

BD type and version and Operating system - please ??

How many user accounts

and which accounts to you want parental control active on ??

and if possible describe what action you took to activate the parental control on ? account - thanks

:ph34r:

• I wanted to try blocking a website and I enabled "Parental Control", then "Enable Web Control" and specified a URL to block. I clicked "Finish" and test if that URL would be blocked and it wasn't. Fiddle around with the various check boxes and realised there was no blocking at all despite what I did. Is it just me? Googled around and found nothing on this.

Hi

Please reproduce the steps you took to block that URL also your BD version and Operating System.

Cheers,

- DanyDan -

• Hi

Please reproduce the steps you took to block that URL also your BD version and Operating System.

Cheers,

- DanyDan -

Thanks for the replies.

I was trying to replicate the steps when I realised it now works. That was when I realised all I need to do is to restart the computer. It never occurred to me adding URLs to the block list require a restart.

I am using BitDefender Total Security 2009 with Windows XP Home SP3. There are only 2 accounts in this computer, the default Administrator one and the family one. I did tried blocking the URLs with both accounts but they didn't work then. All's good now.