Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[open]bitdefender Update Service Is Unavailable?

Options

hi, when i open advanced settings and go to update, it gives me this warning: Bitdefender Update Service is UNAVAILABLE

i am 2 years registered bitdefender is 2008 user and my license code has not expired yet.

here is some screen captures:

001.jpg

002.jpg

Comments

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Options

G'Day Rayna®,

BD had a Server problem a few weeks ago before X-Mass where this occurred worldwide and everyone (almost) had this happen. I did in Australia and waited 8 days before the issue was fixed.

As you own the BDIS 2008 and have a Key and registered account?

If you have not registered, do so now. Because if you have not, then without the registration the BD program stops to function correctly and does not perform updates etc.

i.e. Registration of BD software is now compulsory and I have had the same issue occur on my customers PC's

Registration requires an active Internet connection, as does the BD installation to perform its updates, etc. and no personal information is requested, however you can enter some after you have created and loged into your BD account.

Registration only requires your legitimate email address and the entry of a password of your choice. - do it now if you have not registered, then re-boot and attempt to perform updates in BD, and check your options in BD, etc.

Also is the fact that you are able to use the same key and registered account information to install BDIS 2009 !!

So uninstall your 2008, re-boot and then install the BDIS 2009 version following the installation instructions and use the 2008 key re-boot etc. and when you have re-booted, follow the screen prompt to put in the registration details etc and it should all be OK.

:ph34r:

• thanks for your help,

yes i have a registered account in bitdefender.com, and there is 248 days left with my key, and i had activated my bitdefender after installed windows xp and logged in my account in bitdefender i.s. 2008.

That problem occured two days ago. i'm surprised because i've been using bitdefender for a long time and i have a problem for the first time :)

i'll wait one more day, and if the problem still goes on, i'll uninstall bitdefender i.s. 2008 and try to install bitdefender i.s. 2009.

hope it goes smoothy.

• i've formatted my pc, and installed bitdefender i.s.2009. everything is ok now. :rolleyes: