Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blank Windows

Options
Foxheart
edited January 2009 in General talk

Hey there folks,

I bought BitDefender Antivirus 2009 to install on my Acer Aspire One as I can't stand Norton and the free trial has ended. It was recommended by a friend and he has a god handle on this stuff so I figured I would run with it. Plus the price was good and I have a second laptop that could use a new virus scanner.

Anyway, I removed Norton from my system and the installed BD and everything seemed to go fine. I went through the setup screens and clicked finish and have the icon in my system tray. I decided to take a look at the options and things and double clicked the icon and was greeted by a totally empty window with a BD title. The strangest thing is that the close icon is not visible on the top bar but the mouse pointer still changes and it is functional.

This seems to be the case for every BD window I can get to and I have no clue what is causing the issue.

I have tried to "Repair" the install but that did not work at all. I have written to tech support by email (as the online service seems to be offline) and have received a standard message. I guess in the meantime I will go ahead and remove BD and reinstall it and see if that solves the issue.

Is there anything special that needs to be done to get it off the system so that I can have a clean install?

Anyway, if anyone has any insight into this problem please feel free to share :)

Cheers

Hal

PS - It is installed on XP on the Acer.

Comments

• To uninstall clean BD download this tool http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

Try also to update your Win XP because it seems to be a problem with your explorer. BD interface is using parts of explorer to be rendered so this could be the issue here.

And if you can please provide a screenshot with the interface.

• OK! I have removed Bit Defender. I am pretty certain XP is as far upgraded as it is going to get and I have reinstalled BD and I am having the same result. The screens are coming up - they have a title but they are empty.

I will see if I can get a screenshot sorted tomorrow. Obviously due to the lack of a virus scanner on the Acer I am using my desktop.

Any further suggestions?

Hal