Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Comm Account?

Options

Just installed windows 7 beta and when i start my computer next to my usuall account there is a account called bit defender comm

Anyone know what this is? i tryed going to user accounts in controle pannel but its not there to remove?

Comments

• Just installed windows 7 beta and when i start my computer next to my usuall account there is a account called bit defender comm

Anyone know what this is? i tryed going to user accounts in controle pannel but its not there to remove?

I noticed this myself this morning. Surely no program should be able to create a user account on your computer ?

Can't log into the account either, keeps saying wrong password which is a bit worrying. I know what pass I would have used had I set up the account or agreed to an account being set up during the install. So what's going on here?

Have a feeling BD2009 is going to get the boot pretty soon in favour of something less invasive.

• I noticed this myself this morning. Surely no program should be able to create a user account on your computer ?

Can't log into the account either, keeps saying wrong password which is a bit worrying. I know what pass I would have used had I set up the account or agreed to an account being set up during the install. So what's going on here?

Have a feeling BD2009 is going to get the boot pretty soon in favour of something less invasive.

Well, yes, it does seem that BD takes over computers. I have to login now to my computer when I fire it up in the mornings and guess which login I have to use - my Bit Defender login details!

• Well, yes, it does seem that BD takes over computers. I have to login now to my computer when I fire it up in the mornings and guess which login I have to use - my Bit Defender login details!

I can't understand the reasoning behind why Bitdefender needs a login or even why or how it was allowed to create one without my participation. If I had wanted a login screen on startup I would have set it up that way. I can't login via the Bitdefender account anyway. It's crazy. What are they up to here?

In any case. I'll remove it this afternoon. That's another potential customer lost. Happily it cost me nothing as I got BD2009 free off a cover disc. I'm soooooo glad I didn't pay for this!

• This is done because you could have a restricted account and if BD wouldn't have the proper rights to clean/delete/repair or anything that is the case of your files.

The account shouldn't be visible, but the fact that you have BD2009 working on Windows 7 isn't a normal thing. BD2009 wasn't designed and shouldn't be working on Windows 7, yet!

• This is done because you could have a restricted account and if BD wouldn't have the proper rights to clean/delete/repair or anything that is the case of your files.

The account shouldn't be visible, but the fact that you have BD2009 working on Windows 7 isn't a normal thing. BD2009 wasn't designed and shouldn't be working on Windows 7, yet!

I'm still wanting to know how in the devil this account can be removed. It's there under Vista also. Bitdefender has been completely uninstalled and the account bitdefendercomm is still there as a user account. LOL, I thought Norton was bad.

It should NOT be able to create any account I have not asked it to. It's nonsense to say it wouldn't have proper rights to clean/delete/repair anything. Eset doesn't need it, Symantec doesn't need it, AVG doesn't need it, Kaspersky doesn't need it. Bitdefender is the only software I have ever come across that apparently "needs" an account in order to do what all the other security software manages to do without one.

It's irrelevant that I had installed it under Windows 7. It's Vista with a lot of the bloat taken out and some good things put in but fundamentally it's the same OS. If I had not installed under Windows 7 I would not have known about this other account. That's even worse, they do it and hide it so you wont know they effectively have complete access to your system!

I don't like programs or companies that assume they can do what they want on my computer. Bitdefender went in the bin...where it belongs.