Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cookie Deletions

Options

I have Bit Defender Internet Security 2009 installed (just 2 weeks ago). This has been running daily and showing no infections and on average deleting 2 cookies from my system. Because I was surprised that there were only two cookies being removed I reinstalled CCleaner, which I had used successfully for years. This program removed dozens of cookies from weeks ago. I also ran the registry fixer which comes with CC and this removed 293 items. Should BD be deleting more temporary files than it is and does it also review the registry and fix problems there?? The other question I have is on startup I have an entry called BD agent. Is this to do with BitDefender and what is it? There is another startup entry called BitDefender Antiphishing Helper - is this required at startup?

Comments

• Hi,

I don't see why Bitdefender should delete all cookies, temporary files and orphaned registry entries as Ccleaner does. Bitdefender will only delete / fix in case if it's detected as malware.

The other question I have is on startup I have an entry called BD agent. Is this to do with BitDefender and what is it? There is another startup entry called BitDefender Antiphishing Helper - is this required at startup?
    Bdagent.exe is a part of Bitdefender. And yes, if you want best protection / prevention, you should leave the Bitdefender Antiphishing enabled :)
  • Niels
    Options

Hello marsue,

BitDefender only removes tracking cookies. Other cookies that are used on forums aren't detected.

Please take a look here.

If you want that BitDefender cleans up more than you need BitDefender Total Security 2009 that includes more tune-up utilities. That version also includes a registry cleaner,duplicate finder,temporary files cleanup,file shredder.However you can achieve that by using freeware also such as ccleaner.

Yes, indeed bdagent is BitDefender related this is used for a proper working of all BitDefender modules so BitDefender can operate correctly.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello marsue,

BitDefender only removes tracking cookies. Other cookies that are used on forums aren't detected.

Please take a look here.

If you want that BitDefender cleans up more than you need BitDefender Total Security 2009 that includes more tune-up utilities. That version also includes a registry cleaner,duplicate finder,temporary files cleanup,file shredder.However you can achieve that by using freeware also such as ccleaner.

Yes, indeed bdagent is BitDefender related this is used for a proper working of all BitDefender modules so BitDefender can operate correctly.

Kind regards,

Niels

Thanks to both Niels and Miekiemoes for your explanations, I am clear now what functions are covered by BD. I have used AVG for years, but after a serious corruption of files during an AVG scan disabling my PC , which had to be reverted back to its factory settings, I decided it was time to change antivirus packages, so I am still learning about BD. Must say I don't like the antispamming feature that appears in Outlook Express. I use btinternet as my ISP and they do a good job of stopping spam on the server, which I much prefer and then to delete it manually. Thanks again, this is a very useful forum.