Bitdefender Msg "unable To Connect To The Scanner"

Hello,

BitDefender will not scan on my computer. It says that it is unable to connect to the scanner. I updated it prior to trying to scan a few minutes ago.

Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks!

Comments

• Please go to START -> Run -> Services.msc, and restart all processes which belong to BitDefender (all that have BitDefender in thei description). Try then a scann. Post if it worked.

You could also try to repaird the current installation, or, eventually, to make a clean reinstall of it.

Andrei

• Please go to START -> Run -> Services.msc, and restart all processes which belong to BitDefender (all that have BitDefender in thei description). Try then a scann. Post if it worked.

You could also try to repaird the current installation, or, eventually, to make a clean reinstall of it.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

The program ran on its own at the next scheduled time. I don't know what happened, but it worked without my correcting anything. Thank you for your help!

• Glad that I could help you! ;)

Andrei

• I had the same message come up repeatedly after the scheduled scan done each night on my computer. The scan report window was there each morning, but no scan had occurred. I corrected the problem (so far) by starting the scan server after going into services.msc. I was then able to manually start a scan (which I could not do before either). Thanks for the posts!