Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Hard Drive

Options
e03boats
edited January 2009 in General talk

Topic says it all.... I have had Bit Defender for about six months and replaced my hard drive, installing XP again. Any one know how I can re-install anti virus 2008 on a new hard drive having been already registered on my old one? :mellow:

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello e03boats,

You can use your old license for the remaining days on your new hard disk. Is that other hard disk still in use with BitDefender installed on? If so you can only install BitDefender on the amount of computers that your license is entitled to. Otherwise you need to delete it from the other hard disk.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello e03boats,

You can use your old license for the remaining days on your new hard disk. Is that other hard disk still in use with BitDefender installed on? If so you can only install BitDefender on the amount of computers that your license is entitled to. Otherwise you need to delete it from the other hard disk.

Kind regards,

Niels

That is what I thought, just wanted to make sure. My other hard disk is still in use, just making sure I have all my programs, etc. I downloaded BD from the net....just re-download 2008 or transfer the file? Thank you so much for your help...

• Niels
    Options

Hello e03boats,

You can upgrade for free for the remaining days of your current license to the 2009 version of BitDefender Antivirus. You don't need to remove BitDefender Antivirus 2008 because you don't have installed it yet on your new hard disk. You can download the 2009 version here (for the English version and for a 32 bit operating system) . It's always better to redownload because than you have the latest or one of the latest installers. Otherwise BitDefender need to update the installer package.

Kind regards,

Niels