Bd Updates

The icon in the taskbar shows a triangle with an explanation mark in the middle. On checking I was informed that my updates are out of date and the last update was 3 days ago. I have only had BD for about 2 weeks. I tried to manually update BD but the download gets to 25% and then goes back to the beginning and does this 3 times and then goes dead. Does anyone have any idea of what is happening? My OS is Windows XP and I am running the BD Firewall

Comments

• The icon in the taskbar shows a triangle with an explanation mark in the middle. On checking I was informed that my updates are out of date and the last update was 3 days ago. I have only had BD for about 2 weeks. I tried to manually update BD but the download gets to 25% and then goes back to the beginning and does this 3 times and then goes dead. Does anyone have any idea of what is happening? My OS is Windows XP and I am running the BD Firewall

I have the same issue with BD Total 2009, but im running vista SP1. Mine goes to 20% 3 times then just stops but it doesnt give me an error code. 2009 is just one headache after the next. (my issue began this morning)

• I have the same issue with BD Total 2009, but im running vista SP1. Mine goes to 20% 3 times then just stops but it doesnt give me an error code. 2009 is just one headache after the next. (my issue began this morning)

I have spent so much time today trying to solve this issue. It is now 4 days since my last update and I still have a warning sign on the icon in the taskbar telling me to upate. The same problem applies, I get to 25% for 3 go's and then it stops - still no updates. This morning I spent a laborious hour searching BD website and then having a "chat"??? to a BD tech called Sam. All very friendly, but no solving of the mystery. I then received an email asking me to forward all sorts of files, which I did at another cost of a wasted hour. In all today I have foregone 3 hours of my time. It is now 17.59 UK time and the problem is not solved - so still no updates. Is there anyone out there who may be able to help? I have tried disabling the firewall and trying to update, but without any response. I too am really regretting changing to BD and I have 350+ days to go before my subscription runs out - ugh if the past 2 weeks is anything to go by I shall be grey by then. Is there anyway of escaping from the subscription and getting my money back?

• There has to be problems with the latest updates. Last week the update corrupted some files. Through BD tech support though they asked for all sorts of files and such just like you, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling. That worked. I receieved and email the following day from tech support telling me to do just that. Better late than never.

So, the next update, on reboot bogs the whole computer down. The windows desktop takes more than 20 minutes (thats all I could wait) to load. So I restored prior to the update and all is well. I sent an email asking what the problems were. BTW, I tried the update several times, as late as this morning, all with the same results. So, now the updates is basically turned off.

I guess I am looking for a new AV.....

Bill

• There has to be problems with the latest updates. Last week the update corrupted some files. Through BD tech support though they asked for all sorts of files and such just like you, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling. That worked. I receieved and email the following day from tech support telling me to do just that. Better late than never.

So, the next update, on reboot bogs the whole computer down. The windows desktop takes more than 20 minutes (thats all I could wait) to load. So I restored prior to the update and all is well. I sent an email asking what the problems were. BTW, I tried the update several times, as late as this morning, all with the same results. So, now the updates is basically turned off.

I guess I am looking for a new AV.....

Bill

Hey, I sent them files too, but I wouldnt hold my breath. Their answer to everything is to reinstall the software. I have never heard back from their tech support regarding the last problem I had, which i eventually solved myself. I think I will be going to Norton 2009 which got great reviews in the comp. magazines. This new version of Norton is all new and much faster than the old ones. It beet out all other suites in terms of speed and virus detection.