Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Run Bitdefender In Safe Mode?

Options

I recently did a deep scan with bitdefender and several trojans came up that could not be deleted or disinfected. I booted up my computer in safe mode and bit defender would not run. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you!

Comments

• You can run the scanner in safe mode. Check this topic out for more info.

Andrei

• You can run the scanner in safe mode. Check this topic out for more info.

Andrei

I don't understand how to run it at the command promt. I just tried to click the bitdefender icon and the program just wont run. I am pretty computer illiterate!

• Hi!

First of all, you have to run cmd.exe. Go to START -> Run -> cmd <ENTER>. Then, you have to change the current directory to the one bdc is, by typing the following command:

cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server <ENTER>

Then, you have to execute BitDefender scanner, with the desired parameters. If you want to see what parameters you can use, type in:

bdc<ENTER>

This will print on your screen what options you have. To make a deep scan of all files on all drives, type in the following command:

bdc /f /b /r /i /G /N /p <ENTER>

Next, you will just have to wait untill BD finishes the scan. If an infected object is found, you will be prompted.

I hope this will help you.

Andrei

• Niels
    Niels
    edited July 2007
    Options

Hello doktorfaustus77

You could also try what I said in the topic that Andrei posted a link to. But if you type exactly what Andrei said it will work.

Regards

Niels

• Hello all, first off I would like to thank you for all of your help. For someone like myself who is very ignorrant of computers and their "mysterious" processes your instructions were clear and useful. I was able to run bitdefender in safe mode. The scan took over 2 hours and detected the following:

lycos.sidesearch

trojan.swfDL.

Dropper.small.GS

Prockill.BU

the last part of the virus names were cut off. I am not sure if the viruses were removed or repaired. I attempted to type in some more commands to disinfect or delete the infected files but it rejected my commands....

Is instant removal a part of the process or did I neglect to take the proper steps after the scan. thanks!

• Hello all, first off I would like to thank you for all of your help. For someone like myself who is very ignorrant of computers and their "mysterious" processes your instructions were clear and useful. I was able to run bitdefender in safe mode. The scan took over 2 hours and detected the following:

lycos.sidesearch

trojan.swfDL.

Dropper.small.GS

Prockill.BU

the last part of the virus names were cut off. I am not sure if the viruses were removed or repaired. I attempted to type in some more commands to disinfect or delete the infected files but it rejected my commands....

Is instant removal a part of the process or did I neglect to take the proper steps after the scan. thanks!

Oh No I just realized that in the last command I had a capital P instead of a lower case one...does that mean I was not promted because of that, because I was not prompted to do anything...jeez I hope not cause 2 hours was a long time!

• "p" parameter makes BD prompt you for an action. Since there is no upper-case "P" parameter, it would have prompted you with the big "P" too.

Andrei