Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Error Report @ Outlook

Options
Simone
edited January 2009 in General talk

I have purchsed a 5 user licence for Internet Secruity 2009, on 2 computer that are running Windows XP Pro, and Outlook 2000 the same message appears everytime outlook is closed "Bitdefender Outlook Plugin has encountered a critical error!". As well as that problem, the toolbar in outlook will not go away. Tried changing the file name BDOE.dll to BDOE.d_ as I saw posted but it still comes up. Both of these features are getting very annoying. (Also tried a repair on outlook as well as bitdefender, no help)

Comments

• I have purchsed a 5 user licence for Internet Secruity 2009, on 2 computer that are running Windows XP Pro, and Outlook 2000 the same message appears everytime outlook is closed "Bitdefender Outlook Plugin has encountered a critical error!". As well as that problem, the toolbar in outlook will not go away. Tried changing the file name BDOE.dll to BDOE.d_ as I saw posted but it still comes up. Both of these features are getting very annoying. (Also tried a repair on outlook as well as bitdefender, no help)

I have the same problem... Just purchased BitDefender "Internet Security 2009" (2-year license) and installed it onto laptop running Windows XP (with latest updates) and MS Office 2000. Whenever Outlook 2000 closes, we get the error. This happens even after disabling the BitDefender Outlook Antispam plugin from the "BitDefender Internet Security 2009" security center console.

Furthermore, when working with MS Outlook 2000, and we click the "BitDefender Antispam" button (on the tool bar), Outlook "freezes". The only way to get it working again is to reboot the machine.

• the bdoe.dll file is responsible for the Antispam in Outlook Express. In the case of any other email software, such as Outlook, you will have to rename bdo.dll. Try that and then check if the issue still occurs.