Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mebroot.b

Options

Hi,

I love my BitDefender but it was driving me crazy by regularly telling me that it had blocked an infection of Mebroot.b on my drive d:\, which is an empty cd drive, so I knew I had a false positive reading. But do what I could, I was unable to find the problem file.

I finally found a solution. I downloaded and ran the free version of Dr.Web CureIt! :rolleyes:

Mike.

Comments

• danton
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hi,

I love my BitDefender but it was driving me crazy by regularly telling me that it had blocked an infection of Mebroot.b on my drive d:\, which is an empty cd drive, so I knew I had a false positive reading. But do what I could, I was unable to find the problem file.

I finally found a solution. I downloaded and ran the free version of Dr.Web CureIt! :rolleyes:

Mike.

Trojan.Mebroot.B wasn't for sure a false positive, as it is a sign of a MBR (Master Boot Record) infection of the hard-drive. So, even if your partition was empty, your partition could have been infected :)