Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antiphishing Blocking Twitter

Options

Hi

I have been using BD Total Security 2009 for some time without problem. However this morning I started getting the Phishing alert message every time I opened Twitter. I can click View option and everything is fine but it happens everytime and is very irritating.

I have added Twitter to the AntiPhishing toolbar white list but this makes no difference, the same happens. In fact the only way I can stop it is to disable the AntiPhishing toolbar.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

Cheers

Ken

Comments

• Hi

I have been using BD Total Security 2009 for some time without problem. However this morning I started getting the Phishing alert message every time I opened Twitter. I can click View option and everything is fine but it happens everytime and is very irritating.

I have added Twitter to the AntiPhishing toolbar white list but this makes no difference, the same happens. In fact the only way I can stop it is to disable the AntiPhishing toolbar.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

Cheers

Ken

Hi

I have an update with this. Yesterday, and without doing anything, the behaviour suddenly stopped and everything was fine. And then this morning it started again!

All help/suggestions gratefully received!

• Hi Ken,

I believe this question was dealt in another thread in this section. Many have posted similar experiences.

It appears to be a problem with the BD update. I experienced a similar problem and it eventually disappeared.

I did, however, contact BD via live chat and discussed the problem with them. They emailed me some diagnostic tools which I ran and emailed back the results. Within 24 hours, the problem was solved.

If the problem doesn't resolve itself in 24 hours, I would recommend speaking with live support.