Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File From Flight1 Flagged As A Threat

Options

I have a file which has been on my machine for a number of years and which came from a flight simulator add-on publisher Flight1 in the USA - a reputable and highly respected company. The file name is "flt1chk3.dll"

When BitDef first flagged it I didn't know where the file had originated as it was in Windows/system32 so I Googled it and discovered it was from Flight1 and read their response. They had another version which they said should be better so I installed that. I also listed the file as an exception.

On the next scan BitDef again reported it (I thought the exception should mean it wouldn't be scanned?) but took no action, saying my PC contained a virus and was not safe. This file, as with all others from Flight1 is perfectly safe. This is the fourth instance of files on my machine from Flight1 being flagged by BitDef as threats - previous examples were rendered unusable by BitDef. This is in only nine months of using BitDef. Previously I had Norton on my machine for seven years without one false positive!!

I hear that Norton 2009 is lean, fast and unobtrusive so that is where I'm going. Bye bye BitDefender!

Iain Smith

Comments

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear user,

Please post detection names or detected files or otherwise we are unable to do much to help you or other users.

Thank you for trying BitDefender.

Update: With some luck we found the file ourselves and detection should be removed soon.