Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Says Winvnc.exe Infected?

Options

Since yesterdays update it is saying that my UltraVNC v1.02 is infected and locks the file WinVNC.exe. I removed the app and booted into safemode with Dos box and removed the WinVNc.exe. I then went to the UltraVNC home page and downloaded a new copy of the install. I reinstalled the app and BitDefender catches it again?? The virus it states is Backdoor.Agent.AIZ. I find no log files in the BitDefender directory? Is this a false reading by BitDefender or what? Any help appreciated as I use VNC for managing my home network and webserver. This is happening on my wife's machine also. On her machine BitDefender states it cannot disinfect the file and has moved it. I also have checked and I have the VNC ports closed to the WAN.

Once again, I have gone to the BitDefender Virus list and did not find the name in a search for information.

Comments

• Until virus researchears take another action, add the program's folder to the exclusion list, by going to Antivirus -> Custon level -> Exclude path from scanning and add the programs folder.

PS: Sorry if the names don't match. I have BitDefender in romanian language.

Andrei

• fhenkel
    Options
    Until virus researchears take another action, add the program's folder to the exclusion list, by going to Antivirus -> Custon level -> Exclude path from scanning and add the programs folder.

PS: Sorry if the names don't match. I have BitDefender in romanian language.

Andrei

Thanks Andrei, that did it fine. By the way, the settings are in the same place as yours..

• khufu
    Options
    By the way, the settings are in the same place as yours..

The settings are in the same place ;)

• Cd-MaN
    Options

This was a FP (False Positive) and has already been removed. Please update your virus definitions.

Best regards.

• I was just talking about the names of the buttons etc., because I have BD in romanian, and I could translate wrong some names.

Andrei

• fhenkel
    Options
    This was a FP (False Positive) and has already been removed. Please update your virus definitions.

Best regards.

Are the definitions not updated automatically? I've seen two BitDefender updates run since day before yesterday.. I didn't know I had to do it manually, I'll get that done rightaway and theen remove the VNC directory from the Exlcude list. Thanks.

• Glad that we could assist you. ;)

Andrei

• alexcrist
    Options
    Are the definitions not updated automatically? I've seen two BitDefender updates run since day before yesterday.. I didn't know I had to do it manually, I'll get that done rightaway and theen remove the VNC directory from the Exlcude list. Thanks.

The updates are done automatically. But, sometimes, there is a delay between the time a Virus Analyst adds a new signature to the update list and the time that signature actually becomes an update.

Anyway, in 1 or 2 days, the detection is removed (maybe even faster).

Cris

• fhenkel
    Options

Thanks to all for the help.

• alexcrist
    Options

You're very welcome, fhenkel.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post here ;)

Cris.